US$171
GardenInn.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury(Danbury)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Agoda.com
US$160
US$134
Priceline
All reviewsblack angus grillfront deskparking lotmarriott brandlarge bathroomfire pitair conditioningevery weeklate checkoutcomfortable bednice amenitiessnow stormroom rateeasy accessking roombusiness centerfitness center
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I arrived at this hotel in June 2018 and had a very pleasant two-day visit. I found the location to be very convenient and highway access pretty painless. There’s a nice pub across the parking lot, and down the street is a full range of shopping opportunities. The hotel is maybe 10 minutes outside of downtown Danbury, about an hour from Bradley Field near Hartford and 45 minutes from White Plains Airport. So in terms of location, this is pretty convenient.

During my visit, I found the check-in to be fast and accurate. There’s sufficient parking. The lobby is new and clean, but they’re using the “Starbucks bistro” format in their lobby — burned coffee, crowded seating in the morning, and mostly deep-fried foods — which is not great but that’s what you get with Courtyards these days. Oh well.

Up in the room, I found it very satisfactory. Unlike the reviews from “alternating Current22” or “nbeck” I found the facilities very appropriate, modern and acceptable for the price I was paying. The bed was comfy, the couch was actually a useful and comfortable furniture, and the desk was a good size and well positioned in the room. There was no luggage rack in the room and so I had to put my suitcase on the footstool.

I didn’t do a WIFI speed check but the service was fine. The TV is very good with 47 channels, fast changes and no latency. Minor but annoying issue: there is no direct channel selection on the remote control, so you have to scroll through dozens of choices to get to the channel you want. Here’s something else that was odd: the first night, I could not turn the TV off, despite pushing on the remote, so I had to unplug it. The next evening it worked normally, but I have no explanation for this odd behavior.

Over in the bathroom, I discovered everything to be clean and fully operational. I did not have the hot water problem others have described. There is a very nice magnifying mirror in bathroom; a good touch there.

The Courtyard has ceased to provide bathroom amenities (soap and shampoo in little bottles) probably as a cost-saving measure. Now they have installed soap dispensers in the shower. It works OK, and is probably much better for the environment, but two items bothered me. First, the bottles should be better labeled — BIG TYPE, folks — I don’t wear my READING GLASSES in the shower. Secondly, the soap dispenser is in the wrong position, and it repeatedly jammed into my hip when showering. If they had just moved it 18 inches farther from the shower it would have been perfect.

All in all, this was a reasonable value. I paid about US$175 a night for the two nights and think it was a pretty good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank PilotMike2009
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear PilotMike2009,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a positive review of our hotel! We are so pleased to hear that your stay was very satisfactory overall, and that the services and amenities offered to you during your visit met your expectations. We will certainly share your feedback regarding the cleanliness you experienced with our housekeeping team to continue to inspire us to deliver outstanding guest service. in closing, we are very happy to hear you had a very pleasant stay and look forward to the opportunity to host you for your future visits to the Danbury area.

General manager

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I have stayed in a half dozen different hotels in Danbury lately and found the Courtyard Danbury to be my new goto accomodation. It is located convenient to not only Danbury, but also to Bethel, Brookfield and Newtown. All kinds of shopping and good restaurants are very close. The room was super quiet even though next to the elevator. The staff was exemplary. And oh yes, the bed linens were far superior to some of the high end hotels I have stayed at lately.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear Celt001,

thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that our hotel is your new go-to accommodation for when travel brings you to the Danbury area. We are pleased to hear that our hotel is convenient to your needs in the area, and that our team is exemplary! we thank you for choosing our hotel, and look forward to your next visit to the Danbury area!

General manager

Reviewed 26 May 2018

The air conditioning doesn't work in this hotel. I was in two different rooms and the temperature never dropped. The customer service is terrible.

I asked to move and was moved to another room without functional air conditioning. I stayed here on points so maybe they put plats in the worst room they have?

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Amy D, Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Dear alternatngCurrent22,

I wanted to apologize for the lack of customer service you experienced at our hotel. Our number one priority here at the Courtyard, is to provide the highest level of customer service, and we did not meet your expectations during your stay. The feedback you provided us with will be shared with the appropriate hotel team(s). At your earliest convenience please contact me, as I would like to purchase 15,000 Marriott Rewards Points. Once again I am sorry for the stay you experienced while with us, and hope you will give us another opportunity if your travels bring you to the Danbury, CT. area again in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

The staff at the Danbury Courtyard by Marriott has helped me plan multiple corporate training events at their location, and they always help to make it a success! Where many hotels charge you for every little item in the conference room, the Danbury Courtyard doesn't nickel & dime you for everything you need for a successful corporate event - projector, flip chart, wifi, white board, TV, poly-com speaker phone, pads & pens...all included in the rate for the conference room! The catering for breakfasts and lunches is delicious, plentiful and affordable They make it easy to book hotel rooms at the same time as you book your corporate event. The location is easily accessible to I-84, and there are 2 great restaurants in the parking lot (Barbarie's Black Angus Grill and Ki Asian Bistro). Thank you to Abby and her staff - they are simply the best! I would highly recommend the Danbury Courtyard by Marriott for your next corporate training event!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear MaddiesDad,

Thank you so much for leaving such an excellent review of our hotel! we are very happy to hear that Abby and the team here at the Courtyard Danbury help you to ensure that your corporate meetings are always a success. we are very thankful that you continue to choose our location for your corporate events and look forward to the opportunity to host your next meeting.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

As a Marriott platinum elite member who has been staying at the Marriott Danbury Connecticut courtyard for every weekend from may to September for the past 5 years, I was appalled at the lack of professionalism exhibited by the management. When I questioned the greatly increased rate for the 2018 summer, I was sent a condescending tutorial note explaining the rates changed at hotels and airlines. Instead of providing some type of incentive for us to continue our long standing relationship with this hotel, the GM did nothing and his remarks were not of the standard I have come to expect from the Marriott brand. He seems to have forgotten he is in the hospitality business.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nbeck
Nick H, General Manager at Courtyard Danbury, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear nbeck,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience our rate structure set forth by our Revenue Management Team may have caused you. The price increase for the 2018 dates that you have reserved with the hotel are based on occupancy levels that have already been established and are not an arbitrary decision by the property. As a Marriott® hotel, we must abide by our Look No Further® Best Rate Guarantee, which is one of the best. It assures that you’ll always get the best rate available when you book directly with Marriott®. The price which you received was, at the time, the best rate available for the dates which you booked and was not guaranteed to be the same rate you paid in years past. Our rates are not static and do change based on periods of high demand for lodging in the Danbury area. When we spoke, I indicated that our rates do tend to change as we move closer to the date of arrival and had offered to check this for you, to which you declined and insisted we match either last year’s rates or the rates of a competitor hotel. The Courtyard by Marriott Danbury has truly enjoyed greeting you and your husband as our guests over the years and have appreciated your continued loyalty, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon. Please contact me directly if you would like to reconsider my offer to check rates for you as we approach your anticipated arrival date to see if there have been any changes based on occupancy or demand.