All reviews la escondida on arrival first class attention to detail indoor pool spa treatments nothing is too much trouble hidden gem boutique hotel stunning views beautiful hotel corner suite second to none small hotel evening meal excellent food peace and tranquility
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Excited to be returning for dinner in the restaurant from my initial experience in 2017. The second time was disappointing.

The expectation was set from my first visit. We were welcomed in at the reception, the food was excellent, the service was attentive and exceeded expectations from a fine dining establishment. Sadly this was not the case on my return. The service was rushed and the attention to detail - placing the cutlery on the table between courses and food presentation so the same dishes looked consistent had deteriorated. The Angus Ribeye promised to deliver - excellent marbling created by the fat content of the meat, this cut of beef is loaded with flavour (copied from the menu) was the real disappointment lacking in any real flavour at all. The chicken liver mousse however was excellent. The bill was placed on the table before we finished and our waiter actually said goodbye and left us to our own devices before we finished. Perhaps they were having a bad day on this occasion, but for €272 for 4 people, it was disappointing compared to the initial experience and I would think twice about returning again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Yvette V, Owner at Hotel La Escondida, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Reviewer,

I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy dining with us. I do take any negative reviews seriously as we have worked hard to create a relaxed and enjoyable dining and staying experience for our guests.

As you can see from our previous reviews we do receive wonderful comments regarding all areas of the hotel. I would like to go back to the day in question which you dined with us as we are training two new waitresses and I feel that it maybe one of these who were working at the time , so if you could email me at info@hotellaescondida.com and let me know the date you ate with us and if it was for lunch or dinner please I will then look into this further to make sure the service in the restaurant is how we, and our guests would expect it to be. Please accept my apologies to you and your friends.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Fabulous hotel, lovely rooms, spectacular views, excellent food and attentive helpful and efficient staff. What more could you want! An absolute delight in a tranquil setting. We will be back and I have already started recommending to my friends.

Dear Stuart,
Firstly thank you for this lovely review, and also thank you for recommending La Escondida to your friends. We are a small hotel and we work basically on 'word of mouth' so to have these recommendations are very important to us. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and wonderful to hear that you will be returning.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This was a surprise for my wife on a special Birthday. With the combination of outstanding scenery, high quality accommodation and exceptional food we both had a holiday not to be forgotten.
The staff were attentive without being too overbearing and the service of both kitchen and room staff was excellent.
We booked the corner suite which gave a double aspect to the surrounding countryside and enjoyed the delicately restored interior which shows a great deal of respect for a small piece of Spanish history.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who understands how the finer things in life should be approached. Fantastic weather in the middle of June topped off a fabulous trip.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Yvette V, Owner at Hotel La Escondida, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Dear Reviewer,
We do have many guests who book for a surprise for their wives or husbands for a special occasions and its lovely to see people enjoying these special dates with us. Thank you very much for your very lovely comments and we were all very happy to have made your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Spent a fantastic night at La Escondita celebrating my husbands birthday we went for the all inclusive package which was an absolute bargain at €287 literally everything was included we didn’t pay a cent more this also included 50% off spa treatments although we didn’t take advantage of this as we were too busy eating and drinking maybe next time. The hotel is so serene and peaceful with beautiful 360 degree views of the amazing countryside We chose a corner room which was spacious and furnished to a high standard ( the bottle of cava on ice was a wonderful surprise thank you Yvette and Terry) reception and restaurant staff could not do enough for you and the food was yummy can’t wait for our next visit .

Dear Reviewer,
We love to make our guests stay a memorable one especially if they are celebrating a special day. Our all inclusive offers have been very popular and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed everything we provided for you and your husband and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Cava too!
Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Our 2nd visit to this most beautiful hotel. The owners were away and the staff certainly didn’t let them down. Nothing is too much trouble, the rooms, food and surroundings are wonderful. We will certainly return.

Dear Anne
Great to hear you enjoyed your 2nd visit as much as your first. Many of our guests are repeat visitors which is wonderful for all of us here, as to know you enjoyed yourselves and want to return is all that we can ask for. We all work hard and it is very rewarding when we receive positive reviews such as your.