“Great cabin, great location, only small issues.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Mountain Cottage

Living room
Living Room
Layout
exterior
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
markafeit
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Great cabin, great location, only small issues.”
Reviewed 5 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

What a wonderful little cabin! Truly a block from the center of town. Everything we needed was in the cabin, really perfect for the two of us. We only had two problems staying there. It took until the day before to get my information on how to actually access the property, even though I booked it 10 weeks in advance. The owner apologized profusely for the oversight, and I truly believe it was an isolated incident. The second issue was that the hot tub was not operative, and not actually part of the cabin. This property is a one room cabin adjacent to a four bedroom home, owned by the same couple. The hot tub is on the back deck of the larger home. So, it feels like you're hot tubbing on someone else's deck. The hot tub was not working during our stay. I attempted to call the owner and his wife, with no response. I then tried the maintenance company listed in the cabin guide, only to find out they no longer manage the property. I ended up paying $11 per day to have access to the local rec center, which was fabulous. If you ski, you know a hot tub at the end of the day is a necessity. The issues were small really. This is a great cabin, in a great location. I would not hesitate to stay again.

Aneesa C
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 28 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

Just what you need for a weekend of skiing and exploring the town. Right on the shuttle route with access to all the town has to offer, this is the place to get. Cozy and everything you could ask for in a mountain cabin. Highly recommended.

Your age range 25-34
shari155
Denver, Colorado
“Love it!”
Reviewed 28 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

This little cottage was so perfect for my husband and I. It's super cozy. Has everything you need. The owners are very nice. The satellite went out, so no TV for the first night because of the storm. I called the owner and he was very helpful and accomidating. Very very nice guy.
The cottage is in the perfect location. Walk to shops and restaurants. This place is just perfect.
I will keep this cottage as my little hidden treasure.
We will definitely be back. :)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location right off of main street
Liked least: Bed was a little uncomfortable but I'm probably spoiled with my memory foam bed at home.
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Robert B
Lake Quivira, Kansas, United States
“Great Cabin Getaway”
Reviewed 3 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Clean, no frills cabin centrally located in downtown Winter Park. Perfect for a couple looking for a place to crash on a mountain getaway.

Travelling group: Other
Travelfor...
Tulsa
“Nice Cabin-Horrible Owner”
Reviewed 26 April 2013 for a stay in February 2013
people found this review helpful

When I arrived the the cabin seemed nice enough. After getting settled I determined that the TV service and the wi-fi did not work. I called the owner, he does not live in Winterpark, he lives out of state and he tells me to call the TV service company to solve the problem. I had confirmed twice with him that the cabin had wi-fi since I need to do work while I was there. He eventually confirmed that that service was not working and there would be no solution. I did stay in the cabin the first night, but based upon all of the problems plus the very uncomfortable bed, that I would move the next morning. I notified the owner and said that I could have two nights in his other proerty there for compensation or he would refund 50% of the money that I had already paid him for four nights. I choose the refund of 50%.....I have sent him numerous e-mails and all I have gotten are idle promises of payment. This is not a honest business person!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The price and location
Liked least: the dishonest owner
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
26 Apr 2013
The TV service Provider, Direct TV was having transmission problems. I confirmed that was the problem and Direct TV resolved it, but it had to be reset at the box, so the tenant had to reset it. The WIFI was weak, because someone had knocked the antenna down in the main house, I had them put it back up and all was fine. The tenant left early the next morning. I have a no refund policy if you cancel less than 30 days prior to your stay.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing