“By Far, Best Place to Stay in Winter Park”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Mountain Cottage

Living room
Living Room
Layout
exterior
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Denver52
Denver
“Not really what I wanted”
Reviewed 12 September 2011 for a stay in September 2011
people found this review helpful

If you are looking for an inexpensive little cabin that is clean inside and close to amenities,then this cabin will work for you and you won't really care about the rest of my review. If, on the other hand, you want a relaxing couple of days in the mountains, you might want to try somewhere else.
We were disappointed to find out the first night we were there that a train runs close to the cabin day and night, frequently blowing a loud whistle. When I wrote the owner to express my disappointment I was told it was part of the ambiance.
Also when we arrived the garbage can had been upset by the front door and garbage was spread all over outside. Once again I complained and asked what the extra fee for cleaning was for. I was told by the owner that that is "part of mountain living".
So if you prefer ambiance over a good night's sleep and you like this kind of "mountain living", this place will work for you. However, with the many, many, many other choices in the area, I will go somewhere else next time.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: walking distance to restaurants, etc
Liked least: not the restful experience I had hoped for
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Colorado

Liked best: Location, Clean, Affordable
Liked least: N/A
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Tourists
Arkansas
Reviewed 5 April 2011 for a stay in September 2010
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing