“A Good Place to Stock Up on my Way to La Veta”
Review of First Choice

First Choice
Ranked #1 of 3 Quick Bites in Walsenburg
Reviewed 31 March 2018

When I drive down for a stay at Two Fox Cabins in La Veta, I stop here first to pick up groceries. Great bakery. I love the raisin bran muffins especially.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 26 February 2018

love the small town feel of this store . reminds me of the stores I grew up with. everyone is so helpful and friendly

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 27 September 2017

A full supermarket, plus a deli and bakery. You can even rent a carpet shampooer here. And the bathroom is nicer than at Safeway. They could offer more organic foods, but they're getting better.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 9 June 2017

This is a supermarket, but it has a Deli with a few tables and chairs and Fountain Drinks. We ordered a Brick Oven Pizza to take to our hotel room. You can order thin &crispy crust or hand tossed. We like thick crust so we ordered the hand tossed and it was perfect! For a 14" 2 topping pizza the cost was $11.49. Their fountain drinks were very good also. Their phone number is 719-738-3200 if you want to order ahead. It was a very short distance up the road from the Best Western. I highly recommend it!!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Just stopped for a few things on the way to Pueblo and was surprised at the selection of groceries, beautiful fruits and vegetables. Will stop again when in the neighborhood.

Date of visit: May 2017