“Joe's Birthday weekend ”
Review of Hungry Bear Walsenburg - CLOSED

Hungry Bear Walsenburg
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Satisfy your Hungry Bear appetite. Have fun and eat delicious food. Friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We are a new eating place in the area, having cooked for and served many satisfied customers elsewhere. You will have an outstanding dining experience, with the finest food. Bring your friends, your spouse, or other family members. It's going to be a fun experience.
Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

First, let's lay some ground information, Walsenburg has a population of maybe 3000 people, it's a town one drives through, not to, so when you arrive and your hungry, from your long drive, fisrt thought is ●°° I guess breakfast will be the first 7-11/Kum-n-Go I see° Not so! Thanks to TripAdvisor, we found this little gem. Not only was the bathrooms Clean (always a good indication), the restaurant was clean and inviting. The gentleman who sat us was very nice and accommodating. The food, and coffee, came hot and good. The waitress was equally nice, with a sweet smile. I can say, it did set the tone for this very special weekend. I hope they do well, in this tiny little town!

Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

This is a small local restaurant where I bet breakfast and lunch are very popular among the locals. We were there for dinner and the place was empty. The food we had here was fine. Nothing special. I had pizza which seemed very basic, my husband has a patty melt, again nothing special. They don't serve alcohol. Good gets a 3 in my book. However, the pie is to die for and gets a 5! They had cherry when we were there. Ordered one slice and it was a good thing we didn't order two. Their pies are the extra large size and they cut them into 6 pieces! It was huge!!!!! Filling was homemade as was the crust! Yummy!!!!! Eat what you want but save room for pie :-)

Reviewed 28 August 2015

We had breakfast there. It was very good, so we decided to come back. Each time the food was consistant, and the coffee plentiful. If you get a chance, try the Pinon coffee, very smooth. The Hungry Bear, has a nice feel to it, and the staff is very welcoming.

Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

My family are here several months back. The atmosphere is awesome, and the service was good, but the food had no taste. I felt like I was eating cardboard.

I thought I would try it again, and even though improved, food is still bland. We had pizza and chili cookfries. The pizza looked delicious, was fairly priced, but no taste to it at all. I think it's the sauce, it has no flavor.

The chili fries were no better, and the portion was tiny. I was disappointed in the size and lack of flavor.

I really want this place to do well. I just hope they add flavor to their great atmosphere and wonderful service.

Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

Nice dinner like experience. Small town service. Good pizza and pasta. Try the biscuits - homemade goodness. Good service and a large piece of cherry pie made this a great stop in our trip.