“Something wrong”
Review of Chang's Bistro

Chang's Bistro
Ranked #14 of 26 Restaurants in Walsenburg
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

This is the first review I've written, likely ever. I was on my way to the sand dunes and made it past the place but decide I'd turn around and give it a chance. My first thought after walking in was to leave. No lights on and no other customers. Sesame chicken and egg rolls is what I decided on. The egg rolls came out with sauce that appeared to have lumped in places but tasted normal. The "sesame chicken" had a good flavor to the crisp batter but several bites into it I noticed I hadn't had a single bite of chicken, so I started cutting each one in half, then quarters. I realized I was eating flavored batter when I smashed each one flat with the fork and absolutely no chicken. I was done.

Reviewed 4 February 2016

I've order food to go several times and have not been disappointed. The tofu is done well with a nice sauce. There is a lot of variety on the menu. It is a surprising little restaurant in little Walsenburg.

Reviewed 22 June 2015

My family is from Walsenburg and while there for a visit this last weekend we stopped in at the restaurant. The place was empty when we got there and we should have taken that as a warning.

After being lied to about the portion size because they were afraid we were going to share plates we ended up ordering multiple orders of things instead of being able to order a variety because they said it was a portion for one person. When the food came out they were massive family style plates.

The iced tea was so nasty it tasted as if the brewer hadn't been cleaned in ages. The sweet and sour was neon color and tasted so badly of chemicals that I had to use the sesame sauce to dip my egg rolls in.

The flavor of everything else was ok (although everyone hardly ate anything we had a ton of left overs) except the over cooked the sesame chicken that it was hard to eat.

The service was fine besides being lied to. They were friendly and prompt. My grandma still owns a house down there and we will not be eating here again the next time we bring her down for a stay.

Reviewed 18 May 2015 via mobile

Passing through Walsenberg, co and was craving chinese food. We found the reviews on trip advisor and decided to try Chang's Bistro. First of all they don't have the buffet anymore. We ordered through their menu and it was ok. Nothing really special. The staff was very friendly and hospitable.

Reviewed 19 March 2015

I was passing through town and stopped in for a quick lunch on a recommendation from a friend. I was promptly greeted at the door and I placed my order off of their surprisingly extensive menu. I was pleasantly surprised when the piping hot dishes were placed before me in what seemed like a mere 10 minutes. This could possibly have been one of the best Combination Lo Mein dishes I have ever had! I also ordered an egg roll and egg drop soup that were both just as delicious. This may be a small town establishment but it delivers BIG on value, service and flavor!