US$205
US$326
US$238
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$303/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$282
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$397/night.

Hotel Columbia(Telluride)
US$361
US$350
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$392/night.

US$394
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$268
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$326/night.

US$1 201
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Lulu City(Telluride)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewschop houserooftop barthe main streetold westhistoric barwhite noise machinehot tub on the roofin townmodern amenitiesinterior roombar next doorhistoric propertyceiling fanparking passstreet noisehotel barcharming hotel
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We booked the New Sheridan for a few nights as my wife and I were attending a wedding in Telluride. This was our first time there and we definitely picked the best place to stay. It is right in the heart of town and we stayed in room 213 which overlooked the shops and restaurants on their "main street", Colorado Avenue and if you looked up there were snow capped mountains in the distance. Wow! The hospitality and service were excellent, especially Randall who made certain we felt right at home, There may be pricier places to stay in Telluride but I dare say there is no better place to stay than the New Sheridan.

Room Tip: 213 was an excellent choice
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
New S, General Manager at New Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on your stay with us at the New Sheridan Hotel. We are so glad you chose to stay with us and are pleased that we were able to provide an excellent experience. I am happy to hear Randall made you feel right at home, we enjoy making sure our guests have a pleasant stay. We look forward to hosting you again when you are next in Telluride.

My best,

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Corner room on the street was perfect for the end of the shoulder season. Might have been a little noisy if there'd been a festival going but the streets were quiet. Room was large and well appointed with great views of the main drag. Loved it.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on your stay with us at the New Sheridan. We are happy to hear that you loved it and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2018

My wife and I were there a couple of nights last week, room 214. First of all, the New Sheridan is a wonderful, historic hotel that is immaculately clean and comfortable. Our room was medium sized, maybe slightly small, but nonetheless very good. We dined at the restaurant next to the bar (not the main hotel) and thoroughly enjoyed it. If one is not in the mood for fine dining, thankfully there are options, good options, offered by New Sheridan. In fact, we ate every meal at the New Sheridan and felt no reason to leave for dining. The staff was very helpful and well trained. I had read reviews about noise prior to booking my reservations; fortunately, we were one room off of Colorado St. On Tuesday night, I could hear revelers around midnight, but only momentarily. I can easily see how noise would become an issue during an event filled time if you are facing Colorado St., especially weekends. One would think that insulated windows of some sort would be in order for the guests who either choose these rooms or are placed in them. And maybe they are insulated, I don't know. I will say that I liked everything I read abut the hotel to take a chance, regardless, and I'm glad I did. The only other thing that some may find as an inconvenience is parking. You park in the middle lane of Colorado St., unload your vehicle, issued a parking pass, and finally park on the street in designated areas behind the hotel. For my wife and I, it was just fine, but I could see if someone had to return to their vehicle a few times for whatever reason it could become annoying; however, that is nitpicking and should not be an issue for 95%+ of guests. Once you are there, you will see why it is impossible to park anywhere else. All told, a great experience!

Room Tip: Keep off of facing Colorado St. if you sleep lightly.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
New S, General Manager at New Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us regarding your stay at the New Sheridan Hotel. We know you have many choices when it comes to choosing a hotel in Telluride and we are so pleased you chose our historic property on main street. I am also pleased to hear that you dined with us during your stay and enjoyed your dining experience. We take pride in our knowledgeable staff, many who have been with us for decades.

Yes, we have installed state-of-the-art insulation in our main street rooms and are happy that we were able to place you in a room that best suited you and your wife.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to the New Sheridan Hotel on your next visit to Telluride.

All my best,

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night at this historic hotel and it as like going back in time.

The room was actually a spacious suite with a living room and bedroom. Furnished with reproduction (and maybe some authentic pieces) furniture of the period it was a very homey feeling.

The bathroom was also upscale and had good shower pressure.

A comfortable bed, modern TV and nice view of the downtown Street with storefronts lit up at night.

A saloon type bar, Card room, and dining area added to the ambience.

The only down side was the noise on the Main Street with people leaving the bars on this Saturday night which continued from 10PM until 2 AM.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us at the New Sheridan Hotel. We love knowing that we provided our guests with an excellent experience in Telluride.

As a historic hotel on main street, we make every effort to mitigate the noise from the street to help make our guests comfortable. We hope you were able to take advantage of these amenities.

We look forward to having you back on your next visit to Telluride!

My best,

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

The location of this hotel is phenomenal. The entire property, the hotel, itself, the restaurant, and bar, are all so rich in history and equally great in that respect. The hotel is a gem in the little town of Telluride, which makes it even that much more unfortunate that it's management runs it with such disdain and disrespect for its guests. We stayed here for 4 nights in Room 203 and were awoken each and every night by extremely loud music at the bar below us at around 10pm, and the noise went on each and every night until 2am. We carefully reviewed and thought out our stay at the New Sheridan and were fully prepared to deal with a little bit of extra noise coming from patrons and street traffic below us, but not to this extent. Even in using the earplugs provided by the hotel, we could still hear the music from the bar along with the hooping and hollering of its customers for hours each night, so that should give you an idea of just how loud it was, not just for our room, but likely the entire east side of the hotel on the second floor. I'm actually shocked that the management of what should be such a prestigious hotel allows this to go on. Until this place figures out if they want to be a night club, a restaurant, or a hotel, I'd strongly advise against paying $200-$300 per night to stay here. There's an abundance of better lodging options in Telluride. I fully expect a response from the New Sheridan’s management in an effort to buff a silver lining around this review, but the fact of the matter is that there just isn’t an excuse for running an upscale property like this.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Brian G

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share with us your impressions. How disappointed I was to learn that your stay was so noisy and unpleasant. Please accept my apology. As a historic hotel on Main Street with several bars in and among our bustling venues, as well as being surrounded by other music venues and activity, noise is an issue that we take very seriously and work very hard to manage. Examples of this noise mitigation include state of the art soundproofing we have invested in, closely monitored hours of operation, approved times and decibel levels for live music and a trained 24 hour staff. We do not sell a room to a guest with disdain and disrespect knowing they will endure a sleepless night. We try our very best to communicate in our printed material, in person and over the phone about our room type options and work hard to help guide our guests toward the best fit for them. We are honest about the fact that on certain nights Telluride's active night life can create noise. Unfortunately the dates of your visit fell within the Spring Break vacation. Additionally, as you booked through a third party we did not have the opportunity to discuss options with you. I am not trying to make excuses; rather, I would like to convey to you that we are a reputable business with excellent customer reviews and that we take very seriously the comfort and satisfaction of our guests. I am truly sorry that your visit was so unacceptably noisy. I wish that we had had the opportunity to speak with you before, during or after your visit, as I believe that we could have improved matters through better communication.

I would like to ask you to reach out to me personally when you are considering returning to Telluride. I would like the opportunity to redeem ourselves and offer you a complimentary night to underscore my apology. I am certain that given another chance we can ensure you have a relaxing and enjoyable visit with us. Thank you again for your feedback.

Raymond E. Farnsworth