“Exceptional Food and Service”
Review of Cosmopolitan

Cosmopolitan
Reserve with OpenTable
Cosmopolitan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Telluride
Price range: US$31 - US$70
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: San Juan Avenue and Aspen Street
Transit: The bus and the gondola are available for free and stops in front of the Cosmopolitan.
Description: The Cosmopolitan is open seven days a week. Happy hour is 5-6pm in the bar and lobby only. Once a grand saloon in the thriving mining camp of Telluride, The Cosmopolitan is now home to the fresh, innovative creations of Chad Scothorn, who has received national attention and praise for his original, fresh approach to food preparation. Serving dinner nightly (except for the off-seasons), this elegantly simple 80 seat restaurant is located in the luxurious Hotel Columbia at the base of the in-town Gondola. Known locally as "Cosmo", the custom cherry wood bar is the perfect place to unwind.
Reviewed 7 October 2018

This was our last dinner before we left Telluride and it far exceeded our expectations. We had amazing service by both our server and the manager, who recommended a fantastic bottle of wine for us. We shared a warm beet salad, which may have been the best we've had. The salmon was outstanding and melted in my mouth. My husband had the pork chop which he said was outstanding. Overall great experience. This was a nice way to finish up our Telluride adventure.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 7 October 2018

The quality and presentation of meals is excellent, the service helpful and attentive, not obtrusive. Totally worth the price of fine dining. And the happy hour is, indeed happy. Good food and fun.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Truth be told, we were supposed to eat dinner at the top of the gondola in Telluride. But they called and said their power was out and they would not open that night. What started as a disappointment turned into a wonderful evening when we found the Cosmopolitan Restaurant. They seated us immediately even though we didn't have a reservation. I told the waiter we were from CA and while we were in Colorado, I wanted to try one of their up and coming wines. He came up with an awesome suggestion for a Pinot Noir and I was very happy with it. He even wrote the name of the winery down for me so I could try to look for it later. I wanted to try the duck breast, but a lot times it is cooked too rare for me. He promised he'd tell the chef that I would like it a little more medium and it came out perfect. If we are ever in Telluride again, we would definitely go back.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 3 September 2018

So so food great cocktails, bartenders, and staff but entrees blah for $50 a plate we were disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for dessert and coffee and it did not disappoint! We had the blueberry pie with sour cream ice cream! It was delicious. They had many great choices and it was hard to decide. Will go back for the beignets and coffee for sure!

Date of visit: August 2018