“Good service & food”

Avalanche Brewing Company
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Silverton
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located at 1067 Notorious Blair St. in the heart of Silverton, Colorado’s red light district. In the last nine years, the restaurant has undergone major renovations to bring you food made from scratch, craft beer, a bigger, beautiful porch with gorgeous views, artisan style pizza, appetizers, fresh salads and wraps! With the addition of our 7bbl brewery, we serve six of our very own elevated ales we hand craft just for you with some of the best tasting water on the planet!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's amazing that such a small town can have such a great brewery! We also ordered wraps that were very good.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great place to stop to eat and drink super good beer. Both of us had wraps for lunch. Chicken Cesar wrap and the Cuban wrap. Delicious and fresh. Beer: I had a very refreshing rhubarb/strawberry. Apparently electrolytes are added to help you keep hydrated. Husband is an IPA fan and really liked Idarodo Smash. That was recommended as they are out of IPA. Very clean restaurant. Natalie took care of us and she was great. Very nice and attentive and knowledgeable about the beers. We ate outside. Great view of mountain and Historic Blair Street. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Reviewed 3 websites that said it was dog friendly patio. Arrived, sat on porch with 7 lb dog only to be told to reemoce the dog. Dog could only get as close as parking area. Told them 3 sites said they had dog friendly patio. Was told that sites were wrong. Manager was there but did not talk with us.

mogulasha, Owner at Avalanche Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Sandy,
To begin we are working very hard at a new location. I can promise even if we stopped in we had no idea about this situation. Furthermore which website instructs you that you may have an animal on a porch where food is served. Did we write it? On our website nowhere does it state that we allow dogs. If it did I would happily change that! This May the health department stated we could no longer have dogs. It’s a law. We did our best to allow them while we could and we too were very sad. We are small business owners. Please feel free to use the contact section of our official website to directly contact us. We were forced to put up the signs. Due to my food license we acquire every year we were forced to follow the rules or lose our license which would be devastating for my business, my many employees and myself. I hope you can understand it’s the law and not our choice. We too have a small dog and she is not welcomed during my 12 hr shifts. As most restaurants in Colorado we can allow people to tie the animal up just on the other side which works for many people. If we knew which websites said that we would remove it. However I can’t remove vicious reviews stating we allow animals or not. I also can’t remove ones that are upset about a health law I can’t change. I can instruct you to please contact La Plata County Health Department for their policy’s to express your frustration with the law. My sincerest frustrations are with you.
Casie Lashley

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have lived in Colorado for 13 years. Avalanche has some of the best beers I've had while living here. Their IPL is amazing. I've also had the Sour Rhubarb Gose.Great product and cool athmosphere.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

At the recommendation of a local, my wife and I stopped here on our way from Ouray to Durango (got stopped by a forest fire on Rt. 550, but that's another story).

Avalanche is a fun little stop with shaded outdoor seating in view of the mountains, terrific food, and wonderful beer. The staff was great, engaging, and funny.

A nice bonus is that there were several vegetarian and gluten-free options on both the food and beer menus. We're both vegetarians, so this was a welcome change from many places in CO, where "mushroom burger" means a beef burger with mushrooms on top.

I recommend the vegetarian tacos, the thai peanut dressing salad, and the India Pale Lager.