Teller House(Silverton)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$282
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$385/night.

US$394
Hotel Columbia(Telluride)
US$361
US$350
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$397/night.

All reviewshot tubcookiesfrench toastmade us feelgreat hostsdietary needsvictorian stylewonderful stayspecial breakfastanswered all our questionsan unforgettable experiencegorgeous antiquesgreat sleepfive star hotelgreat cookcowboy poetryhoneymoon suite
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We were the only guests the evening we stayed at the Alma House during our honeymoon road trip across CO and UT, but you would have thought we owned the place by the outstanding service we received from Betty and Albert. First, a tour of the whole house by Betty indulged my every nosy instinct. She eagerly answered every question and I came away with a serious respect for the woman who built the Alma House and her interesting story.Their dinner recommendations were spot on and we had a great meal and beverages after a long day on the road. Our room was fantastic (thank you, again!), but as I learned from the house tour, they are all very nice rooms and I don't think you could go wrong. We grabbed our complimentary, fluffy robes and took a dip in the very nice, private hot tub. The fresh coffee and tea waiting outside our room in the morning was such a thoughtful gesture (because Betty is right, who wants to dress and wander around for coffee in the morning when it can be RIGHT there!). Our breakfasts were curated (they really were works of art) and served by Albert with a hearty dose of humor, a twinkle in his eye, and a fun recitation of cowboy poetry (Read his book for more). Delicious breakfast to boot. I swear that oatmeal was magical (and who can ever say that about oatmeal?). I would highly recommend a stay at the Alma House, and I hope we can return soon!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happyflute192
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We arrived way early,but were greeted after a short wait by Albert , he gave us a short tour and was a very interesting man. This is a very quaint and old building with a ton of history and a very welcoming couple of inn keepers, they were very nice and were very attentive to our needs and comforts. They welcomed us and our dog with open doors and arms. Albert is a great cook and baker , he even baked special treats for our dog daisy. I most defiantly be returning to this establishment ( probably yearly from now on) Me and my wife are owners of a travel agency and have traveled the world ,and I will put this down as a great experience and a wonderful place to visit. However if you are expecting a five star hotel that is perfect in every way this isn’t for you, most city slickers wouldn’t appreciate the history or the charm of this establishment. As for me I will be returning! I want to thank Albert and Betty for an unforgettable experience and a wonderful time, I will see you soon.

Room Tip: Just ask to look around they will most likely let you choose the room of your choice (depending on availability)
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Albert H, General Manager at The Inn of the Rockies at the Historic Alma House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for the kind words Billy. I wish we could have had more time to chat. You and your stories are fascinating. Thank you again.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here in May. Albert and Betty are the best host. The day started off with hot coffee and the best blueberry muffins each morning. Breakfast was served from 7-9. It was aesthetically beautiful and out of this world delicious. Sitting in the hot tub gazing at the Rockies with some of Albert's hot chocolate sealed the deal. I will never stay anywhere else in that area.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We spent 4 nights at the Alma House and were very impressed by the experience. Betty and Albert made us feel so welcome and like we were guests in their own house. Breakfast was delicious and they were very accommodating to some dietary needs. The hot tub was well taken care of and felt amazing after skiing at Silverton. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan B
Albert H, General Manager at The Inn of the Rockies at the Historic Alma House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you Susan for the wonderful review and for allowing us to take care of you during your visit. We enjoyed having you!
Albert and Betty

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Back home after a great stay! We are a family of 5 with 3 older children. Appreciated having a family suite that had a private bedroom plus an additional space with 3 separate beds for the kids. Room was very clean and comfortable with great view. However, the rooms are not the reason to visit the Alma House - it is definitely the hospitality provided by Betty and Albert. Everything from our initial greeting, snacks for the kids, coffee service (and juice and danishes for the boys) delivered to our room each morning, fabulous breakfasts prepared by Albert, and access to the hot tub was great! As an unexpected added bonus we also were thrilled to learn that Albert is a Cowboy Poet, and he shared some of his poetry with us each morning. Also, good selection of restaurants minutes away by walk (with some good beer!) too. Originally we chose the Alma House to be in the middle of Durango and Ouray - next time we go it will be to visit with Betty and Albert again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thankyou! We thoroughly enjoyed having your family with us and look forward to visiting with all of you again. Stop in and see us the next time you are passing through. Thank you again for the kind words!