Ocean Sands Beach Inn(Vilano Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$126
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$242
Magic Beach Motel(Vilano Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$138
Oceanview Lodge(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$165
US$65
US$58
US$109
Country Inn
The Cozy Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$107
Orbitz.com
The Conch House Marina Resort(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$126
Scottish Inn(St. Augustine)
US$71
US$65
Priceline
Reviews (1 651)
1 651 results
All reviewspublix supermarketocean viewst augustineshort driveacross the bridgethird floorquiet areahot tubnice poolvery nice hotelold townking bedelevatorbalconyinnsmicrowaveflorida
17 - 22 of 1 651 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't believe this property to be an accurate representation of what the Hilton brand has built its legacy on. An outsourced reservations department that seems to have no knowledge of any of the properties they are speaking of. This lack of knowledge subsequently resulted in the reservation staff changing my reservation accidentally from 5 guests to 3, and jeopardizing my entire vacation. I then had to call booking.com, cancel my reservation through them, and call back Hilton Hotels to reserve the room I was originally to stay in. Well played Hilton, you got me to use you instead of booking.com. We arrived at a hotel that is half a construction site judging by how many construction workers are walking in and around the hotel, yet nothing seems to be being worked on. Rooms that are filled with dirt, mold, broken appliances, broken light bulbs, fixtures and appliances that just don't work including features that are downright unsafe. It didn't exclude the additional features of the hotel either. For a full 24 hours the only elevator in the hotel was broken, but we had to figure that out on our own as staff did not communicate, including where the stairwells were, and there is no clearly labeled emergency exit map near the elevator, just says

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear eengelmann2011,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your comments and are very sorry for the conditions encountered. We will address your comments with our team as we work to improve our guest experience. Your feedback is genuinely appreciated, as it is the first step in helping us improve our services. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel offers walkable access to Vilano beach, a few restaurants, and a publix grocery across the street. The location is laidback and family friendly.

The cleaning staff stole the show during our visit here. Our rooms were cleaned early in the day, everyday, and done well. Cleaning staff has great attitudes and work in teams to get job done. Can't say enough about them, wonderful experience with them.

The front desk staff could use improvement. The young lady who checked me in referred to my last name as a 'mouthful'; I did not appreciate the snark. She also mentioned that as a Gold member I was entitled to anything in the snack room. She forgot to tell me that It was only the items in the clear box within the snack room - I discovered $8 candy charge on my cc afterwards. I had my hometown newspaper forwarded to the hotel during my stay and sometimes the front desk notified me that it was delivered and sometimes I heard nothing from them.

Upon arriving to the Hotel I asked where I could find a cart for my bags, the young lady at front desk said 'if we have some they'll be out front'. Not the best customer service. Let me find one for you is a better response.

The room we stayed in was uhm, ratty. The windows look like they are moldy. The flooring grout is almost black. Pieces of tile trim seem to be missing. Shower head could use some upkeep and our sink did not drain very well.

Breakfast was hit or miss. On some days the breakfast catered to 8 year olds and other days they had food adults would enjoy like eggs and bacon.

The elevator was a daily ride in a steamy shower. Is an elevator mechanic not available in state of Florida?

For every negative encountered here, the cleaning staff made up for it. I found them working hard cleaning doors, vacuuming hallways, offering me towels, offering me carts when they saw me with bags in hallway, all done with great attitudes.

Tip: Parking is not free here: Expect $3.27/night. You'll save alot of money on dinners with a publix that is across the street. Beach views are not a good value here - While the beach is walkable from hotel, its not quite on the beach as a small park is between the hotel and the beach.

Room Tip: Parking is not free so consider this when shopping around.

Dear everywhereman13,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We also are very sorry for the many housekeeping and maintenance issues encountered and will address this accordingly. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay as we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Property was ideally located for access to Vilano beach and other nearby locations, but was poorly organized and did not provide value for the high price paid (>$250 for non-view room). I would never ever stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Lindsey D, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Cwbethel,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Vilano Beach. I can completely understand how the property seeming disorganized can leave a negative impression on our Guests. I am truly sorry for your experience.

I would be happy to discuss your experience with you and get your thoughts on how to better serve our future Guests and Hilton Hhonors members.

Lindsey Davis

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for a week at the Inn. Great proximity to the beach. Nice breakfast and the staff was very pleasant. Now the bad. One elevator for three floors is insufficient. Often shared the elevator with cleaning staff. Whirlpool could be used to boil hot dogs. Other guests also commented it was extremely hot. Room included stiff mattress, leaky toilet and a door lock that refused to accept room cards. First two days we exchanged cards four times, the third day they reprogrammed the lock and on the fourth day, they replaced the batteries. On the fifth day cleaning staff could not open the door and said it was an ongoing problem. We should have been offered another room but that did not happen. If your all about location, you may not mind the array of other Inn issues.

Don B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us. I can completely understand how frustrating these issues can be and how they could negatively impact your stay. I appreciate you bringing the spa temperature to my attention. I will gladly address this and your other issues with my maintenance team. I can assure you these issues are not a standard for my property and they are being addressed.

Again, thank you for your review of the property. I appreciate you bringing these concerns to my attention so that I may address them with my team.

Lindsey D.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in for a one night stay on our way to Orlando for AAU Volleyball Nationals and a visit to Flagler College. Very nice location with in 100yards of the beach. Friendly front desk staff. Just across bridge from lots to see

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Jeff C.,
Thank you so much or taking the time to review your stay with us! We love hearing our Guest feedback! I will gladly share your accolades with my team! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to St. Augustine!

Lindsey D.