“Fabulous experience”

Alpine Scenic Jeep Tours
Ranked #1 of 21 Outdoor Activities in Ouray
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ouray's most affordable and comfortable scenic jeep tour. We cater to the discerning adventurer who cares about comfort. We have a roomy passenger seating area equipped with cushy bucket seats. Each seat has its own seat heater and three point safety harness. The seats and truck are elevated for superior views. Getting in and out of our truck is easy due to our unique gate/ladder system. Our tour trucks are Ouray's finest. Alpine Scenic Tours utilizes modified Dodge Ram trucks designed to negotiate the San Juan's most rugged terrain with smoothness, style and safety. Our guides are experts at the local history, geology and fauna. You are in the best of hands at Alpine.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was pleasantly exhausted after a day-long trip up the Imogene Pass. Our group reserved all three Jeeps and every person had a great time. Unlike the other jeep companies that I saw, we had comfortable seats (no benches) with individual heat. We went all the way up the Imogene pass and experienced everything from hot sun to still-frozen snow and ice. Amazing scenery that I would never have experienced any other way. The drivers are pros - they navigated the rocks and streams adeptly and shared interesting facts along the way. We stopped for lunch (we took a cooler) at a gorgeous lake - just perfect. One note: no bathrooms, although I understand that the forest service usually puts out porta-potties at various intervals on the trails. We found our own facilities (bushes and rocks) and went merrily on our way. I honestly am amazed that it didn't cost more - this was the highlight of a trip to a gorgeous place. I could not recommend Alpine more!

2  Thank Lynnie H
Michael L, Owner at Alpine Scenic Jeep Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hey! Thanks for the kind words. I did contact the forest service after your trip and asked about the porta potties and they got them up the next day. A little late for you but they are available now.

We do offer the best value in town and are pleased that you enjoyed the trip so much. Really hope you can make it back again. Michael

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"the owner"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This trip was the highlight of our vacation. Jim was an awesome guide and we could have never seen such amazing sites without him. The terrain can be Rocky at times so the comfort of these seats is a detail that should not be overlooked!

3  Thank Leigh4419

We love to hear that. We get many clients who ride the Durango to Silverton train and say they like our tour better. Really great to hear such feedback. We try our best to give the best possible trip anywhere. Guess it is working. Michael

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our family of 6, 4 kids ages 12-20, were in Ouray last week and booked a private Jeep tour with Alpine. Michael picked us up at our hotel and our amazing afternoon started. He recommended where to go based on the current weather, wind, and snow melt. I frequented Ouray as a kid and my dad always drove our jeep but having a guide is the way to go! The jeep was roomy and comfortable and Michael talked to us and pointed out things along the way. We were able to make it up to Upper Silver Lake, first group of the season and the views were absolutely breathtaking. My family had never been to Colorado and didn't want to leave. Michael was awesome to spend the afternoon with and all my family said the tour was better than they could have imagined. Book with Alpine, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Kristy B
Michael L, Manager at Alpine Scenic Jeep Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hey! Thanks guys. Its clients like you that make my job awesome and Alpine #1!!!!!!!!! Glad you liked Silver Basin. Its my favorite. M

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Took a private Jeep tour into the mountains so we could stop when and where we wanted and "customize" our destination. Dealing with Alpine Scenic Jeep Tours from booking to arrival was a breeze. Very much enjoyed and appreciated the service that they gave.
Our guide was terrific from information given about different sites along the trail to making sure that everyone was comfortable along the way. He was great with idle conversation as we went along and one thing that I really appreciated is a couple of questions we asked that he didn't know the answer to...he just said "I really don't know." as opposed to other guides that I could tell just made something up.
Would use them again in a flash.

1  Thank Olineman

Hope you do use us again. We pride ourselves on our knowledge of the area and show our private tour clients exactly what they want to see. We also offer advice on where to stay, where to eat and other things to do in town. Thanks again. Michael

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had never been to Colorado before and this tour was something that we planned on a whim but it was well worth it. Michael was our tour guide and was very knowledgeable. He made the experience enjoyable and we had a wonderful time. I would definitely recommend this tour to everyone especially if you've never been to Colorado before. The views were spectacular and everyone that I had contact with was very nice and helpful. Also, the vehicle that they do the tour with is very comfortable with heated bucket seats and an adjustable seat belt.

I love the Corkscrew Pass tour you were on and had a great time with you. Thanks for your thoughts. Alpine put a great deal of effort in creating Colorado’s most comfortable jeep tour and glad you enjoyed it. Please visit again, we have many more special places for you to explore.

Been to Alpine Scenic Jeep Tours? Share your experiences!