“Wonderful riding experience”

Action Adventures Trail Rides
Ranked #2 of 21 Outdoor Activities in Ouray
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Situated amidst the beautiful, mountainous country of Western Colorado, family-owned-and-operated Action Adventures Trail Rides has provided high-quality horseback experiences to generations of visitors. Rides are available to guests of all levels, from Wrangler Rides that teach novices the basics to overnight wilderness excursions that take more advanced students through the remote Colorado wilderness. Small and intimate by choice, the storied outfitter breeds, raises, and trains all of their own livestock, with repeat clients often returning to be reacquainted with the same horse they rode last time they visited. Wrangler Ride: $40 - 1 hour Buckaroo Ride: $80 - 2 hours Ranch Hand Ride: $150 - 4 hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter and I are both experienced riders so we decided to do the four hour ride. We were not disappointed! Our guide, Justin was very knowledgeable about our surroundings and even made sure we noticed the bear claw marks on the aspen trees. I have not seen my daughter smile that much in a while. I would definitely recommend action adventure trail rides for any level of rider.

All reviews
"unforgettable experience"
"these guys"
"national forest"

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My 3 daughters and I, ages 15, 17, 20, did the 4 hr. trail ride last week. We were concerned it could be too long, but but the 2 hr. seemed too short. After the ride we were very happy we did the 4 hr. We went all the way to the top of the mountain, rested for 30 minutes, and back down a different route, seeing different views. Yes, we were tired and sore, but the 2 hr. would be up and back the same trail. Our guide was informative and fun and pointed out scenery along the way. All of our horses were gentle and easy to ride. If you do the 4 hr. be sure and take plenty of water and snacks as you will need them. I would recommend this to anyone who has older than grade school age kids and loves adventure. My girls all said this was one of their top adventures on our vacation and would love to do it again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My granddaughter & I went on an hour ride & it was really nice! Even saw a bear! Guides were experienced & very nice company! I have tried a few other trail rides in area & this will now be our go to riding spot. I live in the area & always try to support local businesses.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently took a trip with Action Adventures. We were planning on the 4 hour ride, but asked for advice on whether or not we might be over-reaching our experience level. We took the advice from the guides there to do the 2 hour ride, and it was a good thing. We had a bit of a mishap with one of our riders, but Brittany handled the entire situation very well. So, besides the company giving great advice of the ride, and handling the unexpected, it was a beautiful ride and Brittany, our guide was great. Although the horses follow each other, there was a little more to this ride than just following a trail, a little bit of up and down small hills a little trotting, although not required. All in all, a great day. We've already recommended this to others.