“Awesome 4 hr. trail ride”

Action Adventures Trail Rides
Ranked #2 of 22 Outdoor Activities in Ouray
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are CLOSED for the 2018 season. Will reopen in May of 2019. Thank you for a great season, we are looking forward to seeing you on horseback next summer.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My 3 daughters and I, ages 15, 17, 20, did the 4 hr. trail ride last week. We were concerned it could be too long, but but the 2 hr. seemed too short. After the ride we were very happy we did the 4 hr. We went all the way to the top of the mountain, rested for 30 minutes, and back down a different route, seeing different views. Yes, we were tired and sore, but the 2 hr. would be up and back the same trail. Our guide was informative and fun and pointed out scenery along the way. All of our horses were gentle and easy to ride. If you do the 4 hr. be sure and take plenty of water and snacks as you will need them. I would recommend this to anyone who has older than grade school age kids and loves adventure. My girls all said this was one of their top adventures on our vacation and would love to do it again.

All reviews
"an amazing trip"
"national forest"
"these guys"

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My granddaughter & I went on an hour ride & it was really nice! Even saw a bear! Guides were experienced & very nice company! I have tried a few other trail rides in area & this will now be our go to riding spot. I live in the area & always try to support local businesses.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We recently took a trip with Action Adventures. We were planning on the 4 hour ride, but asked for advice on whether or not we might be over-reaching our experience level. We took the advice from the guides there to do the 2 hour ride, and it was a good thing. We had a bit of a mishap with one of our riders, but Brittany handled the entire situation very well. So, besides the company giving great advice of the ride, and handling the unexpected, it was a beautiful ride and Brittany, our guide was great. Although the horses follow each other, there was a little more to this ride than just following a trail, a little bit of up and down small hills a little trotting, although not required. All in all, a great day. We've already recommended this to others.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Bucket List✅
What an amazing trip with Action Adventures Trail Rides. So fun! Very authentic. I wish I would have done the 4 hour ride. I want to go back and do the weekend trip!

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time when visiting family in Montrose and I’m so glad I did! It was easy to book online and the staff were very friendly upon arrival. Josh was a fantastic guide and Gunther was wonderful horse to ride during the 2 hour trip. The views were spectacular! I had such a great time that I booked the 4 hour ride for the following day. I can’t wait to go back for another adventure!