“wonderful mountain experience in family home”
other travellers have booked this property
Spacious deck with natural gas grill
Welcome to Ladybug Lodge! Spacious deck. While we can't guarantee a white Christmas, this was taken in October!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Spacious deck with natural gas grill
Welcome to Ladybug Lodge!
Living room with wood burning fireplace
Living room, with 52' TV, surround sound, media library, and wood burning fireplace
The kitchen has upgraded appliances, including a dual-fuel range: gas stove and electric double oven
Dining room
Enjoy your morning coffee on the peaceful deck
Master bedroom with queen size bed and comfortable memory foam mattress
Master bedroom is an open loft with lovely mountain views, & city lights at night!
Second bedroom with full size bed and memory foam mattress
.A couple of deer, strolling past the hot tub!
Average temps for each month are in the middle. Record highs and lows are the top and bottom.
Average precipitation. If you're going to Red Rocks in July or August, bring a poncho!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 24 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Mara L
“wonderful mountain experience in family home”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Very nice location and perfect for relaxing and outdoor activities in the area. Great outlay with the mezzanine, lots of light inside and great view. The rooms were clean and all utilities available. Do try out the hot tub in the evening!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: hot tub under the stars
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oceanlove...
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful Getaway to the Beautiful Mountains in Colorado!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

I was impressed the minute we got here! Everything was clean and fully furnished and comfortable for our stay. The owner Lynae was great in guiding us to the place because it is set in the mountains where it is beautifully overlooking the city. We felt at ease and could relax after a long drive from Texas and enjoyed a pop up thunderstorm which was fun to listen to as the thunder echoed in the mountain. Plenty of nature to be seen all around and a nice ,quiet , calm place to be. We highly recommend others to come and stay here and enjoy what she has created here. My husband loves the wonderful kitchen that has everything you could need to prepare dishes. If you have a concert to go to in The Redrocks , this is the place to be!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
15 Aug 2014
It was absolutely wonderful to have you here! You are welcome anytime!
Paul J
Racine, Wisconsin
“Nice place but ruined by cat”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Decent house in the mountains but does not sleep 6 with a futon. Has extra cots in closet. Biggest problem was a cat that got in the house from the owner who lives below. Cat woke everyone up crying during the night and no one could find it . It scared the kids and part of the group,left in the morning because of it.
Another cat was left outside while the owner left for the weekend and it sat outside and whined all night. Really careless animal control on the part of the owner.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
15 Aug 2014
This is a second review by the same group that confused this listing with the Rock's Retreat listing, which does specify a comfortable futon. There is, actually, a twin size futon sleeper in the loft that I'd just purchased a few weeks before this group arrived, but I was unaware that they were expecting extra beds (the reservation was for 4 guests), and I don't think they ever discovered that the arms on the "day sofa" would flatten down to make a twin bed. The second cat that is mentioned in this review was certainly not "left outside". She does have access to the outdoors, though, and apparently decided that this group in particular needed to be made friends with. She is 15 years old and has never previously been reported as bothering anyone. Had they called or texted me that she was bothering them (I was gone for 3 days but had my cell phone with me at all times), I would have immediately called the neighbors and they would have taken care of the issue. I did not find out until the day they were leaving (after I'd been back for a couple of days) that they had been unhappy with their stay. I do wish they had communicated their needs and expectations sooner so that perhaps I could have addressed them more to their satisfaction.
Mary D
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

I did not stay with my family but visited. My son was married in mtns and we live here. My family came out for wedding and this house looked like what we needed for family. The crying stray cat in the house belonging to owner caused allergic reactions to some family members. The place was not clean for an expensive rental. The views were great but trip advisor site stated slept 6 which included a futon sleeper when actually there is 1 bedrm and a loft bed no futon sleeper but 2 cots in the closet which no one knew about. I was embarrassed for my brother to have to stay but it was too late to find anything else plus all paid for up front.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
6 Aug 2014
There were an unusual number of communication issues that occurred with these guests. Originally, they inquired about my other listing, Rock's Retreat, which does specify a comfortable futon in a third sleeping area. However, since that larger home was unavailable for all of the dates they needed, they booked this home instead. The listing for this home has never specified a futon being available (although I do have one in the basement and have, on a couple of occasions, brought the mattress upstairs and set it up for extra guests, when requested). In this case, the reservation specified 4 guests, so I was unaware that any extra beds were needed or wanted. While I am always available in case there are any questions, these guests gave me the impression that they preferred their privacy, so I tried to respect that. I did certainly try to be flexible and accommodating of the group, even when one of the communication issues involved the length of stay - I went in to clean after their checkout time, and was surprised to see all of their things still there. The guests thought the house was paid through another night. Fortunately, I had a two night gap before the next guests were due to arrive and was able to accommodate them for another night without any notice and without too much trouble.

I do apologize about the cat. For the little rescued feral to sneak in earlier in the day to explore (before their arrival - possibly when the cleaning people were there?) and then become scared and hide from everyone until nighttime was an extremely unusual event. It's never happened before, and I suspect that she'll never try that again. I wasn't told of any potential allergy issues from this until days later, else I would have suggested they start running the BlueAir air purifier (also stored in one of the closets) right away. I am sorry that the house was clearly not a good fit for this group.
GA
Reviewed 14 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing