“Disappointed”

and up
Private Foothills Explorer Tour from Denver
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Morrison
More attraction details
Owner description: Dinosaur Ridge contains over 300 Cretaceous dinosaur footprints, a few dozen Jurassic dinosaur bones, plus many other trace fossils from ripple marks to plant impressions. At the Visitor Center, you can visit the gift shop, sluice mine for your own mineral or fossil finds, or take a Trek through Time in our exhibit hall.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The picture I had seen online were misleading. There are 3-4 small sites. For my raging Dino enthusiasts, this didn’t impress them.
That being said, it is interesting to hear about the history of the site and discoveries in CO in general.
The bus was hotter than being outside, the shade of it was the only plus. My 14 year old knew as much as our guide.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"small fee"
"miles round trip"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited with my 10 year old niece on our Denver Dino adventure. The museum really isn't all that spectacular, but the tour was worth the visit. Bree was fantastic and it was amazing to see tracks and fossils and what they call "bulges." If you let your imagination work, you can visualize yourself 65 million or so years ago. Don't except too much, bathrooms are clean but like highway rest stops and the snack shack is just that, although we did enjoy burritos, corn dogs, pixie sticks and otter pops!

1  Thank vandyrone
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Since I was a kid I had always read about footprints left in Rock by dinosaurs. At Dinosaur Ridge you will see many many footprints. Also, there are bone revealed.in rock and in the Museum's many other artifacts that kids will just love. This was a solo trip but I will be sure to bring my little one here for her to see it first-hand and not wait 40 years as I did.

1  Thank tdouglasplating
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

You can see dinosaur tracks and learn about the history of the area. The museum is tailored for young children and there is a small bus to transport visitors to the tracks. Older children or adults may enjoy walking to the tracks.

1  Thank Alan304
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Dinosaur Ridge is the site of one of the world’s earliest major dinosaur discoveries – the bones of the enormous, plant-eating Apatosaurus. Bones of Stegosaurus and Allosaurus weren't far behind. These finds triggered the “Bone Wars”, which lead to an intense competition among scientists from competing institutions for the best dig sites and bragging rights for the best specimens.

You can either walk the 1.5 mile signed path (up hill) or take the tour bus, which stops at three of the primary locations. Given that weather was unseasonably hot when I visited, I chose the bus. My guide was knowledgeable and he undoubtedly pointed out items I would have missed had I walked.

To save money, you can buy a combined ticket to both Dinosaur Ridge and the Morrison Natural History Museum at either location. Although about 40 miles outside of Denver, the sites are just a few miles apart.

3  Thank mvidro