La Veta Inn(La Veta)
Travelocity
La Plaza Inn(Walsenburg)
US$109
Travelocity
Mountain View Motor Inn(Fort Garland)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$110
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$104
US$106
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$111
  • Fitness centre
All reviewspastryher husbandthe ownerin towngreat placefull kitchengreat cabinspanish peaksplace to stayother guestshome basefew blocksperfect sizequilting retreatsmall cabinlocal restaurantsnext morning
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I love this place! Patty and her husband were so loving and would do anything for you. I got a bad cut on my foot after visiting the National Park and I didn’t have the appropriate medicine to take care of it and the wound started to get infected, so I limped over to Patty to simply ask for peroxide and a bandaid and her husband walked out and personally doctored me up and cleaned my cut, wrapped it up, and sent me back with some supplies. I can’t speak enough about how accepting and loving they are. They really made it feel like home. When we were leaving to tour the town Patty invited us (and the rest of the renters) to a fun cookout. The cabins were very clean and well kept and we were well rested with our comfortable bed. She also made great breakfast every morning. La Veta was a relaxing get away and everyone in town was so welcoming. Plus, the Great Sand Dunes were breath taking. We will come back again!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Patty B, Owner at Two Fox Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hi Melissa! Thank you for your great review of our property. We are so glad that your visit was everything you hoped it would be. Please come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Patty is a wonderful host and human being for that matter! Would love to stay again. Deer and cats roam the property, Betty the dog was the cutest thing since sliced bread! Patty and her husband seemed to be working everyday to keep the property in tip top shape! The complimentary breakfast was amazing!! Patty even sent us home with homemade Ginger Peach Jam! And lets not forget the view. The mountains were visible from the street and it was absolutely out of this world! Such a difference from the East Coast! Close to small shops in town and to mountains for hiking! 10/10 would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Patty B, Owner at Two Fox Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hi Liz! Wow, thank you so much for your raving review of Two Fox Cabins! Guests like you make our business an absolute pleasure. Thanks for visiting, and please come back again!

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Nearly 400 square feet, with one bedroom, a full kitchen including a dishwasher. Nice bathroom. Cabin #10 was very clean and pleasant. The staff was friendly and helpful. I spent 8 days there and enjoyed it very much. A stream runs right behind the property. The views are beautiful. I was in LaVeta for a Ricky Tims' Quilting Retreat and will stay at 2 Fox Cabins next time I go. I recommend 2 Fox Cabins highly.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Patty B, Manager at Two Fox Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hi Deb! We were so pleased to have you as a visitor during the quilting retreat. Thank you for being such a pleasant guest, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Nothing but good things to say about this place! The staff were so friendly and kind and very helpful with everything. Our cabin was spotless and such a beautiful place to spend our two nights. It was very quiet and so relaxing, we fell asleep to the sound of Cuchara river right next to our cabin. The cabin was stocked with clean silverware and dishes, coffee hot cocoa and pots and pans. By far one of the most beautiful and well prepared cabins I've ever stayed in. I will definitely be visiting this place again real soon. Thank you two Fox cabins for the wonderful weekend!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Patty B, Owner at Two Fox Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hi Dean! Thank you so much for your great feedback about our property. We were so pleased to host your weekend getaway, and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I went to Two Fox Cabins for a 5-day personal retreat with my black lab, and the week was everything I would have wanted it to be. Our cabin was perfect size. We loved walking in town and in the countryside. The entire area is peaceful and one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. The La Veta area is very unique with the Spanish Peaks, magnificent dike walls and Goemmer's Butte. I also love Charlie's General Store and local restaurants like the Corner Diner and Sid's. I plan to visit La Veta several times a year as my getaway place, and Two Fox Cabins will become my new home away from home.

Room Tip: Read the details before reserving a cabin. Each one is different. Some allow pets and children. Some don't.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Patty B, Owner at Two Fox Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hi Regina! We're so pleased that your five day retreat was everything you hoped for. We certainly love our little town, and we're so glad that you do, too! Please come visit us again soon!