“Good Deal on Soup and Sandwich”

Mad Cow Saloon & Eatery
Ranked #26 of 261 Restaurants in Greeley
Reviewed 28 June 2018

What a great idea, a restaurant specializing in great soups and sandwiches. As simple as this sounds, how many places near you have this specialty.

The Mad Cow is conveniently located in the city center and offers a quaint atmosphere and comfortable setting. The half/half deal is very affordable, tasty and filling. We had the pleasure of trying the "spicy chicken noodle soup". I was very good and very spicy.

This is just the perfect lunch offering.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Every time I'm here, I feel like a local.
The owner is fantastic. Service is friendly and attentive. Great burgers, sandwiches, and sides. Good prices. Very good value for the money.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

You would think a place called Mad Cow would be a good place to get a steak, That was my expectation when I went in & I almost walked back out when I found there were no steaks or even a burger on the menu.

But I stayed & am glad I did.

They offer close to a dozen specialty sandwiches. I had a hard time deciding which to try because many of them looked very tasty. I opted for Jay's Dip on dark marble rye.
It was fantastic! One of the best sandwiches I've had in the last several years. I also tried the calm chowder & was equally impressed.

Ashley was my server & she was friendly & efficient. Checked with me regularly, but was never too present or hovering.

Nice atmosphere with Guinness on tap.

I would like to have given 4.5 stars. My only complaint is I didn't get my steak.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Had a business engagement in downtown Greeley the past couple of days. Stopped at the Mad Cow on a whim for lunch on day one. Ate one of the best Reubens I've ever eaten.

Was do good, I decided to come back on day two, this time for the Pig & Cow sandwich. Another homerun.

The bartender was great - he was friendly and on top of his game. The atmosphere is pleasant. In my opinion, it's the best local joint for a sandwich, hands down.

If you're looking for a sandwich anywhere in Greeley, especially downtown, you'd be remiss to skip this spot. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a quick bite to eat during Fridayfest and were not disappointed. Great sandwiches, hot soup, and a awesome bar. Staff was friendly and food was quick. This is not a place to be if you are looking for choices. Pretty much sandwiches and salads. For what it was, they did great!