“Good Food - Good Tiime”

Ranked #22 of 261 Restaurants in Greeley
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Rio is Downtown Greeley's destination for seriously good Mexican food and legendary margaritas - for lunch, dinner, happy hour, anytime you need that escape from the everyday. We make everything better with fresh, local, wholesome ingredients like 100-percent certified Angus steak burritos. And there's nothing better than refreshing your spirit by kicking back with a Rio marg!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Rio Grande Restaurant is large, has a beautiful setting, and a wonderful, helpful staff. Yes, we tested the latter with a very large party (11). Not a problem, nothing that friendly accommodating staff couldn't fix. Our service was fabulous in the face of persistent demands for food, chips, salsa, and yes, many Ritas.

Being a Texan, and self appointed Mexican Food snob, Rio Grande was very good, and yes, definitely worth a try and a return visit. Do try the hot salsa. The entrees were very good but did lack that extra kick that you might get in Texas. The food was fresh, hot and tasting.

All in all, a very good experience. And by the way, the place is huge and can handle very large parties.

Peter O, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Tom, you have showed your Texan hospitality. Thank you for the kind words and the awesome review. Hope to see you here sooner than later. Ask for me by name. I will have to show you how to get that kick you want. Sincerely, Peter Osterfelt, General Manager

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed the meal I had (chicken tacos) and my friends all were happy with their orders. Even many foodies will find this an acceptable restaurant and most people will find it to be a good meal.

Peter O, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Karbeek, Thank you for the nice review. Yes many people do not know we are a totally from scratch kitchen. Even our flour & corn tortillas are made in house. We use only non-GMO, steroid free, antibiotic free, and local produce when ever we can. I love our new chicken tacos as well, The marinate we use on the chicken has just the right amount of cilantro and lime. And then we top it off with our new avocado salsa yum, yum. Hope to see you soon, Peter.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Incredibly busy when we arrived at 5:30. The table wait would have been 40 minutes but we were able to join others sitting at a bar table. Loud if you are trying to having much of a conversation. Delicious food and excellent margaritas

Peter O, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Katherine, Thank you so much for visiting us her at the Greeley Rio. We have a new menu coming out on the 19th of June. The street Taco's are the best. And yes we still are a totally made from scratch kitchen, non-GMO, steroid free, antibiotic free, and local produce whenever we can. Thank you once again for the 4 star review.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

I think the only reason this place is packed is because of its location. I have tried it, say. . . 5 or 6 times. I always get taljed into going there. I did have one halfway edible meal out of those 5 or 6 visits. This place is HORRID. I have had better tasting tv dinners. Last night, my rice appeared and tasted like it had been out for days, black beans were tasteless. Ordered a "grande" fajita plate for the wife and I to share, I'll just say that for $20, we shouldn't have had to order a bowl of chili. The chili was decent, chicken and green chile. Waitress and busser were awesome, manager was considerate, but they need to focus on quality and not so much on speed. When you get fajitas ANYWHERE, you can see them coming a mile away. Dude was carrying the tray with all of our entrees, and i could not even see the food on my plate. Fajitas = a PILE of bell peppers and onions + meat. This thing had 6 small shrimp. It was a "grande". You would think a "Mexican" restaurant would know what "grande" means. Apperently they have cheap margaritas, I didn't have one. Gotta be what keeps their doors open, and the location.
If you want decent Mexican food in this town, go to Cancun on the other side of town.

Peter O, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Patrick, I am sorry to hear we have failed you so many times. We do focus on quality, we use local produce when ever possible and our food is non-GMO, antibiotic free, and steroid free. We also are a totally from scratch kitchen. Meaning we make everything including the tortillas in house. Please call me so I can learn some more details of your experience Sincerely, Peter Osterfelt

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

It seemed that only a few seconds went by and my food was served. From the moment I was seated to the moment my order was taken was about five minutes. Less than two minutes later I had my food.

They also are on the OrderUp app.

Peter O, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Gary thank you very much for the five star rating. We know you have lots of choices of where to go, we are very grateful you chose us:)

Been to Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!