“Don't miss the salsa bar”
Review of Los Tarascos

Los Tarascos
Ranked #117 of 666 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This Mexican restaurant was recommended by our hotel and we were glad we had a heads up about the salsa bar in the back corner, as our chips arrived naked and with no side of sauce. We had to ask about the salsa bar and returned with cups of various heats of salsa, avocado sauce, cilantro - lots of options salad bar style. The portions were large, and we all enjoyed our meals. I had the chili relleno and enchilada combination and was offered a choice of three sauces, without the info that the Los Tarascos sauce would be a dollar extra for each of my two menu items. It was well worth it, though - a rich queso/sour cream sauce better than I've had in any Mexican restaurant. Interesting margaritas and beers.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Our review from Dec 2016 was complimentary, but our recent meal was so disappointing that it makes you wonder if the same people own the place, since a change in kitchen staff would not explain how dismal the meal was. The three carne asada tacos had about 2-3 oz. of meat in a 2-in diameter mini-corn tortillas that looked like they were taken straight out of a package. Not lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream. nothing to add to the tacos. The shredded beef tacos were just as small and bad. The side order of beans appeared to have been poured out of a can, they were runny and not the flavorful refried beans better restaurants serve. The rice was tasteless. Basically, everything we were served could have been microwaved. We could just not believe this is the same restaurant that served far more authentic and appetizing entries in the past.

1  Thank Willardo
Reviewed 5 May 2018

As the title suggests this restaurant is very good. I continue to enjoy their entree's. Their salsa bar is one of the best around, from mild to tongue burning varieties. Atmosphere is definitely done with a Mexican flare. Seating can handle fairly large groups such as our-10 people. Menu is of course Mexican, but widely varied. Full bar with Margaritas as their house specialty. Beer list is limited and not worth noting. Service, during this visit, was slower than normal especially when you consider that they were not that busy. Prices are moderate.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

I've tried this place more than once and it's just a disappointment. They have good salsa/chips for free, but their meals are a poor value. I ordered a beef burrito and it was the size of a fast food taco and the sour cream sauce is $2 extra. I didn't get rice/beans because I'm not a fan...so had 1 margarita and the whimpy burrito and it was $22! Go to Illegal Pete's next time...get twice the food at 1/2 the price and their carnitas pork tacos are delish!

1  Thank Kadie4U
Reviewed 4 February 2018

This was a new place for my husband and I and we LOVE Mexican Food. I have to say dinner was wonderful one of the best we have had in Fort Collins yet. My Husband ordered the Carna Asada Burrito smothered and OMG it was maybe the best I have every had. I had a sweet and spicy shrimp dish it too was wonderful. I love the Salsa Bar with all the different flavors of salsa and the Margaritas were yummy to. This place is definitely a do over.