All reviews wall unit small kitchenette cute place the north end home base a great place to stay road noise room was clean and comfortable road trip durango area downtown rates driveway colorado silverton
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Caboose Motel in Durango, Colorado with my wife & teenage son. Durango was the halfway point of a long drive so we decided to stay for a night in Durango & wanted something reasonably priced. I found the Caboose Motel through Trip Advisor & booked a room for a Saturday night. It’s a small motel but nice & quaint. Check in was quick & the guy helping us was very friendly & gave us some tips on where to eat. Our room was small but clean with comfy beds & the AC worked great.

We were very happy with our night at the Caboose Motel & really enjoyed Durango. We plan to go back to spend more time iexploring the town & would have no problems staying here again. It would be great if they had a pool but not a big deal. It’s not fancy or super modern but it’s well priced & just a cool place. We definitely felt welcomed there.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Had a quick one-night stay in Durango and loved this place. Yes, its older, yes, its not as 'flashy', but loved the family ownership and "buying local". We lucked into getting a "suite" which was a standard hotel room with very small room separated by a curtain with a twin bed and TV. Perfect for our 8 yr old who love having "his own room". Staff was wonderful and we'd stay again.

Also, we arrived a few hours early and so we went and had lunch. When we came back (about an hour before "official" check-in) they apologized that the room wasn't ready yet and the housekeeping staff were literally RUNNING to finish our room. This was on us, not them, but they worked like mad to accommodate us. Great service.

Room tip: Room 8 was fantastic.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We stayed here four nights as a home base of activities t do in Durango. One story building with different combinations and fair rates. The room was clean and comfortable and we go some good sleep. This is not a luxury resort but it is a great place to stay. They have a screened house and corn hole boards outside. It is on the trolley line and the North end of town.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank SlowPoke59
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

The property is unique and well kept its family owned and the gentleman at the front desk was great the room was cute and original the price is fair i like that its not a huge huge place the family that owns this establishment has taken care of it

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank L4187UYamberm
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my dad for 3 nights as part of a longer road trip, and were given room 6, which was a twin. Only upon leaving and looking at some of the other rooms did we realise we'd completely drawn the short straw! Our room seemingly hadn't been modified since the motel opened in the 70s. Dark wooden walls, a glass fronted TV that was completely unwatchable. Stained mattresses and old fashioned dark bed sheets and curtains that did nothing to brighten the room up. We put up with it for the 3 nights and realised on leaving that other rooms had been painted a brighter colour and had flat screen TVs. I guess they're making their way round updating the rooms, but for the price we paid I feel completely ripped off for being dumped in the worst room. My allergies were bad the whole time I was in the room too, which suggested either a lot of dust, or lots of animal hair. Either way I didn't feel like I was in a clean environment at all. The walls are also very thin, so we heard all the bumps and bangs from next door.
I don't like to slate family run businesses, and the guy on reception, Weston, as well as the cleaning ladies, were all lovely. I just can't find anything nice to say about the room.
If you do stay, don't accept room 6!
The pluses are that the location was handy for a stop off and gave good access to Mesa Verde and Silverton.

Date of stay: September 2017