“Wonderful!!”
Guest House side view
Guest back side view Front view of guest house
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Guest back side view
Front view of guest house
view of ranch

Wendyr197...
Texas
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We absolutely loved our stay at this little piece of heaven on earth! Beautiful, quite, relaxing! We loved Francie and her sweet dogs. Very warm and welcoming! We hope someday to be able to return so until then we will have such wonderful memories! Loved it!!

17 Nov 2017
Hi Wendy, It is so appreciated that you gave the ranch such a lovely review. Thank you, thank you. And please come back. Best, Francie
Kbar772
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very relaxing, low-key place to stay.”
Reviewed 13 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

This was a great find for a vacation. It is located about 25 minutes from Durango one way and maybe 40 minutes to Mesa Verde. We were able to go to both. We didn't spend a lot of time at the cabin as we took advantage of the area to hike, take the train, and hang out in Durango. However, the cabin was great to come home to. It is exactly as described in the booking. It has everything you need and even when it was warm for Durango, the breeze through the house kept things very nice.
We were greeted the first day and Francie was very friendly. As I said, we were away a lot, so we had a lot of privacy which we enjoyed. However, they are right on the property if we had needed anything. I would highly recommend this place. The only con I can say is the property has well water and there was a sulfur smell to the water, but there were filters and we had brought water to drink with us. Otherwise, this was a very special place for a very fair price. You can't go wrong booking this place!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
22 Sep 2016
Hello Karen, Thank you for the lovely review and it was great to have you as guests and I truly hope to see you again. Best, Francie
Joe S
“Peaceful Stay”
Reviewed 4 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We were greeted by the owner and her dogs upon arrival. Francie was very friendly as were her wonderful dogs. The guest house was beautiful as well as the surroundings. This would be a great place to just stay and relax. We had so many activities planned that we were not at the house very much. Sitting on the deck and watching the sunset was amazing and we did see a deer one evening grazing in a pasture. I have to say the daily visits by the dogs were the highlights. They would come get their treats (provided by Francie) twice a day. Some would eat their treat and leave and one would always stretch out on the rug. We loved having the dogs come by.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The price was one of the most affordable we found.
Liked least: That we had so much activities planned that we could not enjoy the house more.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
12 Sep 2016
Thank you so much for this wonderful review but most of all I am so happy that you had a good time on your vacation. The hounds love to visit and therefore I am glad to hear that they were welcomed. My Apple the one that probably stretch out on the rug has gotten over her shyness because of the love they get from the guests. So thank you again.
nobs2016
Millerstown, Pennsylvania
“BREATHTAKING”
Reviewed 21 March 2016 for a stay in September 2015

Absolutely beautiful!! Beyond all expectations. Definitely a must. Thanks for a wonderful 2 night stay. I would go back to this ranch anytime.

Travelling group: Friends
12 Sep 2016
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy to share this beautiful piece of property with others and so glad you had a wonderful time. Please come back, Best, Francie
Jenny P
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Perfect”
Reviewed 16 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed at the HD ranch with family in October and it was absolutely beautiful! Francie was easy to reach and hospitable through the whole process from reserving the place to checking out on our last day. The property is beautiful and her dogs are so sweet. My favorite part of the visit was getting out around sunset and walking around the property with my family. We got to visit with many of her sweet horses. Both her dogs and horses are clean and you can tell that everything on the property is well taken care of. I would definitely recommended a stay at the HD ranch and I know my husband and I will be visiting again!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Nov 2015
Hi Jenny, Thank you for such a warm review. It really makes me very happy to know that you had a good time and that my "kids" somewhat behaved themselves. They so enjoy the guests and I watch them every am go down to the guest house to give you a good morning welcome. Looking forward to seeing you both again. Best, Francie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing