“Delicious and unique”

HomeSlice Pizza
Ranked #53 of 208 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Forged in the searing heat of the missionary ridge fire of 2002, Homeslice Pizza was the brainchild of Childhood prodigy pizza eater, and genius entrepreneur Cory Kitch, his world renown chef brother Gabe Kitch, and super model, financial sorceress and nutrition expert ( most supermodels are nutrition experts) Lynn Kitch. Fixated since childhood on solving the world's problems, Cory found himself at a crossroads in 2002. Which problem to tackle first; global warming, energy, the chronic poor decision making of Hollywood idols? No, He knew he needed to start BIG...REAL BIG. That's when it hit him... And starting with a monumental gesture he ended a war. A war that no one thought would ever end. No, not the middle east thingy. The battle over who had the best pizza; New York or Chicago. He figured that, like trickle-down economics, if this war (perhaps the greatest of our time) could come to a peaceful resolution, then the rest of the wars, squabbles, disagreements, and altercations would simply realize their triviality. This realization would then lead to less global conflict bringing with it a sharp decline in fossil fuel consumption, which in turn would decrease carbon emissions, simultaneously ending the energy crisis and global warming. As for the Hollywood idiots (oops, idols) he would have to solve that problem later.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We got on with half apples and gouda (forgot name) and the other half Phunky Pfresh (vegi.) Both delish. The best crust ever... and I throw out the crust usually. We ordered for pickup and it was ready right on time.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We called them to order two pizzas for delivery to our hotel room. They set an expectation of 1 ½ hours for delivery. When the pizzas hadn't arrived in 2 hours, we called back. They had some difficulty being able to tell us if the pizzas (a) had not been made yet, (b) were made but not yet out for delivery, or (c) were out for delivery. The front desk people at our hotel said that someone with a HomeSlice tee shirt had been in, but we didn't see anyone. The person on the phone said that pizza deliveries were backed up due to one of their cars being out of service. They said to call back in a half hour if we didn't receive the pizzas. We called back after a half hour to say they hadn't been delivered and to cancel our order. I should add that my cell phone had a weak signal, and they were having considerable difficulty hearing me on the initial order, so it's possible they had our address and/or my cell phone number incorrect. I should also add that they were not defensive on the phone and clearly wanted to get us the pizza. It just didn't work out.

1  Thank geconant
Reviewed 22 May 2018

My husband and I stopped in to HomeSlice for a slice of pizza and a beer and couldn't have been happier. The pizza was delicious, creative and the beer and service excellent.

1  Thank WorldTravelerCO
Reviewed 19 May 2018

My wife and I recently spent a week in Durango. We ate at several great restaurants in Durango but particularly enjoyed Home Slice on College Drive. We had pizza and salads during our two visits. Everything was fresh and tasty. The staff was very friendly and efficient. We highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank lwb39
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Delivered 9 pizzas on time, to our hotel so that all of our soccer team and families could have dinner after an afternoon of rafting before a full weekend of soccer! Delicious pizza, the gluten free option is awesome too!

Been to HomeSlice Pizza? Share your experiences!