“Late again”
Review of Frontier Airlines

Reviewed 12 March 2020

Our February 10th, 2020 flight from St. Louis to Cancun was delayed more than 2 hours. This time it was attributed to mechanical failure. In January the problem was a crew shortage. I wonder if our March trip will actually leave on time? I am seeing a definite pattern.
Frontier is the non-stop charter used by Funjet/ Apple Vacations for trips from St. Louis to parts of the Caribbean. Checked and unchecked baggage fees apply. There is limited leg room and seats do not recline. Snacks and beverages are available at an additional cost.
Every rose has its thorn. Frontier is the thorn in my Mexican resort travels.

Date of travel: February 2020
1  Thank Patricia B
Write a reviewReviews (16 744)

1 532 - 1 536 of 16 744 reviews

Reviewed 12 March 2020

Left Portland over 2 hours late, with not much notice of the delay. Bumpy ride down but that was expected with windy weather. Not aware that you now have to purchase your soda and pretzels. Landed at THE and had to wait another 20-25 minutes because another plane was in our unloading spot. Grrrr. Frontier did send me a $25 credit for my next flight. Will try them and give them a second chance.

Reviewed 12 March 2020

If the cost of stretch-seating goes UP between the time you book your ticket and checking in, you will be required to pay the difference before you will be allowed to check in. It doesn't matter if you book WEEKS ahead and pay in full for a stretch seat. This charge will show up even if you make NO CHANGES to your seat during check-in. This happened to me, so I called to inquire, and was told that, because the price of stretch seating had gone UP on check-in day, I needed to pay the difference. I followed up with an email to Frontier and they said, yes, this is their policy. Maybe check in early in the day, as the price goes up throughout the day? (I waited because it didn't seem right to me, so I paid more as the price went up, eventually paying 3x the overcharge, as I didn't want to miss my flight.)

Reviewed 12 March 2020

The flight MIA-LGA had a 2.5 hr delay. The plane seats don't recline at all. My bag fit perfectly under the front seat but they made me pay as a carry on bag, which is suppose to make board before everybody else, BUT when I reached my seat, they didn't have room for my bag and the flight attendant had to make some magic tricks to make it fit

Date of travel: February 2020
3  Thank CeciVV3
Reviewed 12 March 2020

Was reluctant to use Frontier because of its "no frills" aspect. Had to pay for bags, even those in the overhead and larger seating (which was very limited). However, the flights round-trip were on time. The trip was of short duration (3 1/2) hours, so no food--not even free water--was OK. On the flight out, they could not even sell coffee or tea because the pots were not working. Would not use Frontier on a longer flight, mainly because no food, other than snacks, is available. The positive thing was that the upgraded economy seats were very comfortable and flight attendants constantly took trash and unwanted items which kept the plane and the seating area clean. They were also very pleasant.

2  Thank Joyce W
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.