“The Most Important Thing...We Made It!!”
Review of Frontier Airlines

Reviewed 28 February 2020

Last spring, my girlfriend suggested a January beach vacation since she really loves the ocean and there isn't much of that to be had here in Colorado. I said cool and she ran with it. After she had worked her magic I learned that we were going to the Cancun area and some of the things that we would be doing. I did not learn until much later that the air travel had been booked on Frontier. I personally had not flown Frontier since back in the 70s and 80s, which was at least one lifetime ago for them. It was fine, never a problem as I recall. We got our Coke and bag of peanuts (or smoked almonds), read the in flight magazine or whatever book we read and thought nothing of the fact that there was no WiFi or On Demand Video. Much of that time was before the Walkman even...oh the humanity!
I have recently heard some bad things about Frontier, so I decided to check some reviews, which was a BAD idea!! Don't get me wrong, I totally get how this whole thing works; if everything goess absolutely perfectly with a flight, maybe a handful of the 150-odd people on the plane will post something good about it, but if there are problems, oh let the flames fly! Suffice it to say I had the bar set very low as for expectations...it's a sardine can, they nickel and dime you for everything, no WiFi blah

Date of travel: January 2020
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (16 744)

1 734 - 1 738 of 16 744 reviews

Reviewed 28 February 2020

Frontier has a business model of cheap, no-frills fares with everything you do getting an additional charge. Some people hate that, but if you only pay for what you need it is not bad. The cost of this flight to Miami, even with paying for each carry-on bag, was still lower than the cost for our return flight on another airline where carry-on bags were free. So if you like cheap, no-frills, this is not a bad bet. I'd fly this airline again.

• Food and Beverage
2  Thank G6189JQkevino
Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

Frontier is a horrible airline. They offer cheap fares but by the time you pay the additional fees for your bags (even carry-ons) and seats it’s no less expensive than other carriers. The bag fees are high too. Our flight to Orlando was delayed 3 times - first from 11:00 to 12:30 to 1:30 then finally 1:44. We finally departed at 2:00. Upon arrival, we waited an eternity for our luggage. My suitcase made it, my husband’s did not. After an hour it was “found” - still sitting in Madison. We were told it would be in Orlando the following morning and they’d bring it right over. In the meantime, we were told to pick up the essentials to get through until then and submit the receipt for reimbursement. The following morning we received an email from Frontier that our luggage is here and we can either go to the airport and pick it up or someone will bring it to the hotel by 430. We are still trying to figure out how they managed to leave one suitcase out of 2 checked at the same time behind.
Flying Frontier is a gamble so be prepared. You get what you pay for: cheap fares but high luggage and seat fees, flimsy seats with no legroom and no perks (like a half glass of soda and a tiny bag of pretzels). Flying is stressful enough - Frontier somehow manages up the ante on it. So, beware.

1  Thank cmmboo
Reviewed 27 February 2020 via mobile

We had an unexpected flight home for a funeral in the middle of our vacation. We were able to get a non stop flight with Frontier Airlines that went very well. That sure helped make our situation less stressful. Everyone was pleasant and professional that we felt with dealt with both going and coming back. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 February 2020

How do you change a reservation purchased in january returning from phoenix, from 730 pm to 930 am. thoughtless. i have hotel and car reservations
Unacceptable and costly, no savings here. this was done with no reason given.

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank raylin85
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.