“Awesome Tacos!”

Add it.
Tacos Tequila Whiskey
Ranked #1 509 of 3 483 Restaurants in Denver
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped for lunch because we love tacos and margaritas. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable. We had excellent service and great food! The brussel sprout appetizer was one of the best preparations that we've ever had. We had pork, fish, short rib, and fried chicken tacos. All were delicious with the fried chicken being our hands down favorite. The margaritas were spot on also. A great place for a casual experience!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I debated rating this either a 3 or a 4 star, and went with the 4 star, as the food is good.

Tacos, Tequila, Whiskey is new to the area, or at least this location is new to the area. This location is small, so know that right from the start. There are approximately 18 seats at the bar, on the bar stools (no backs on these seats), there are 2 tables that seat 4 people, 1 table that seats 2 people, 1 table that can seat 5 or 6 people, and 2 community tables. There is a large bench that runs along the wall, which is the seat for the 4-5 tables that run along it. I think there was seating at the opened garage door, but not sure. It is hard to move around the inside of the restaurant, as the tables are very close together. They tried to get as many tables inside as the space would allow. It is a very small restaurant.

There is one large garage door that can be opened to let in the wonderful Colorado sunshine! I love this aspect about restaurants. Parking is on the street, which can be very hard to come by in downtown Denver.

The interior is done in grays, browns, tans, and turquoise. There is a high ceiling, the floor is cement, which is easy to keep clean. There is music playing in the background, and it is difficult to hear the people in your party.

The host stand is directly inside the door. There is no place to sit while you wait for a table, or to stand while waiting for your table. Service is good.

The food is good. We enjoyed the happy hour of 3 sliders for $7.00. These were nicely done and enjoyable. My husband had a margarita, which cost $5.00. We also enjoyed the nachos with barbacoa, which cost $7.00 ($1.00 extra for the barbacoa). These were also well done. Next time, (Oops! I gave that away that we'll be back!), I think we'll try other tacos on the menu.

I personally see this as a place to gather after work, especially for the those in their 20's and 30's. I don't see older generations gathering here on a regular basis, and that's my opinion. Granted, I'm well above the above mentioned ages, and as I stated above, we will go back to try some of the other tacos. This won't be a "go to" place for my husband and I. It's too cramped inside, and too loud. The food is good, but it's just not "enough" for my needs. It's not a put down, it's just a matter of fact.

Thanks!

Been to Tacos Tequila Whiskey? Share your experiences!