“Amazing design puts you among and under the sea life”
Review of Downtown Aquarium

Downtown Aquarium
Ranked #57 of 280 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: This new innovative aquarium offers self-guided tours through two separate ecosystems, the Colorado River and the Indonesian River.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our first visit to the Denver Aquarium. We went with our kids and their children. I was in constant amazement at all the wonderful sea creatures beside us, under us and above us! Everything was spotlessly clean and amazingly designed to showcase the incredible diversity of sea life. I was really surprised at how rich, colorful, well lit and innovative the exhibits were. You'd have to go diving to see the fish any more closely. Lighting in the displays is fantastic, it really sets off the fish.

1  Thank Rick R
Write a ReviewReviews (1 874)
All reviews
"scuba"
in 30 reviews

18 - 22 of 1 877 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our family of 5 loves the aquarium! I found a Groupon that offered a $50 gift card to the restaurant so we ate lunch there on a Sunday. The wait was over an hour which was disappointing but definitely worth it! The aquarium was clean and easy to navigate and my boys adored the different things to see! We spent an entire afternoon here and they already can't wait to return!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I go to a lot of aquariums and zoos so I am always looking for something different. This had just that. For the most part, it was a normal aquarium. It exhibits were a good size and you could see all the animals. The large moray eel was really cool and happened to be right next to the glass in its very large tank.

What made this aquarium very special is the opportunity to feed the large sting rays in their touch pool. You put a small fish in between your fingers and the stingray comes over your hand and sucks it out of your fingers. Very cool experience! Definitely try it out. It is not as scary as it sounds.

3  Thank c22hubb
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place was very nice, and definitely bigger than the Dallas Aquarium, but still small. Overall though, it didn't blow me away. They had a few women swimming with the fish in one of the largest tanks and they were dressed like mermaids; not going to lie, that was kind of tacky. I did enjoy seeing the tiger that they had there, but it was kind of odd seeing it there. I think this place would have much more of a draw for kids than adults. Would I personally go back? Probably not. If you really want to see an A++ aquarium go to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. It blows all of the other aquariums out of the water--so to speak