“Fun”

and up
Mile High Culture Pass
Ranked #21 of 280 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Awaits! Every day, Denver Zoo seeks to inspire exploration and discovery, and creates connections with people, animals and nature. And every day, we’re working to save animals and conserve wildlife here and around the world. Your visit and support aids in all these efforts- Thank you. Home to 4,100 animals, representing more than 600 species, Denver Zoo is committed to species conservation by bringing science education to life and providing extraordinary experiences that foster human and animal connections. It is the most visited cultural destination in Colorado, serving 2 million people per year. Located in Denver’s City Park, the Zoo is a nonprofit organization accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), which assures the highest standards of animal care. With the mission to secure a better world for animals through human understanding, Denver Zoo dedicates more than $2 million annually to zoo-led programs aimed at protecting animals within their natural habitats around the world.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I always love to go to the zoo. This zoo was clean and had lots of animals to see. We had a wonderful time.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 624)
All reviews
"elephant exhibit"
in 132 reviews
"polar bear"
in 65 reviews
"big cats"
in 40 reviews
"wide variety of animals"
in 37 reviews
"membership"
in 90 reviews

29 - 33 of 3 626 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The staff was friendly and helpful. The area was clean and accessible. The only complaint I have is pricing on food and beverages, however, they allow coolers in the park so that's a great alternative!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Loved the whole experience of the Denver Zoo,Good Value, all areas were clean, animals well looked after. Good food available. Must try the Strawberry and Pineapple Dole Ice Cream, it was amazing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family really enjoys visiting the zoo in KC. When we decided to see the Denver Zoo, we were equally excited, but soon disappointed. We headed toward the birds/primate section first. The foliage was so overgrown, both inside the habitats and around the walkways that one couldn't see the animals, what animals were available to be seen anyway. I'm pretty sure most of the growth was weeds. There were vines climbing up the cage wires. It was obvious that the grounds have been neglected for quite some time. The habitats were small and closed in (in comparison to KC where they are wide open and natural). The water in the bird areas was stagnant and dirty. It was a disappointment at best. I was really sad for the hippos. Their tank seemed small and dirty and the inside enclosure reeked, making the visit to see them unpleasant. In KC the hippos have an outdoor habitat that is very accommodating for 2 hippos. We headed back toward the front to see the rest of the zoo and wanted to see their polar bears. Again, a disappointment. The water was green and murky (compared to the KC polar bear exhibit where the water is clear and blue). We then headed to the new tropical house, which was amazing and redeemed our visit somewhat. It was a pleasure to see the habitats in there for the snakes, lizards, fish, etc., even a bat encounter that was fantastic! I've never seen a bat habitat such as the one here. We decided NOT to see the rest of the zoo because the tropical house was so amazing we didn't want to take the chance we'd end up disappointed. I only gave the zoo 3 stars because the tropical house was awesome, otherwise it might have barely scored 2. I'm not trying to dis the Denver Zoo, perhaps they need more funding or more workers or volunteers or something, but those animals deserve much better habitats than what we saw. I realize it takes time and money and people, but it was obvious that the overgrown foliage had been taking over for quite a while. We saw some vines that had been cut that were at least 2 inches thick wrapped around fencing cables.

1  Thank Melissa C