“Beautiful area”

Crested Butte Mountain Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: This ski resort with its Victorian look offers all types of terrain for the skier.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

For my job I get to travel throughout the entire Intermountain West area. This is the last resort area in my territory that I had not visited. Just in my one night here it’s one of my favorites. One of the reasons I loved it is it’s not so crowded like Park City or Vail. Sadly one of my customers told me that Vail had just bought the ski resort. I hope they can keep the growth to a minimum. I visited Vail 23 years ago and really liked it. Then I went back last year and absolutely hated what it had become. Please don’t allow that to happen here.
I lucked into spending Wednesday night during the summer here. There are free concerts on Wednesday nights, and they have a twilight lift special.

Zach P, Public Relations Manager at Crested Butte Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi Ed B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Crested Butte is certainly a special spot, and shall I say that you saved the best for last? There is a common saying in town that "you come for winter and stay for the summer," which holds value as the summers in Crested Butte are particularly stunning with the fun events, great trails and colorful wildflowers.

You are correct that Vail Resorts is in the process of acquiring Triple Peaks, LLC (Crested Butte Mountain Resort, Okemo Mountain Resort in VT, and Mount Sunapee in NH), but local Crested Buttians are confident that this will not spell overgrowth for our town and are eager for the new energy that Vail Resorts can provide. In fact, downtown Crested Butte is a National Historic District so it will remain its funky, historic and unique vibe. Most of the land surrounding town is also National Forest and Land Trust land, so it will remain beautiful and open. Overall, it is an exciting time!

I am very glad to hear that you have discovered Crested Butte and hopefully will be out here more often with your personal and work travels. I look forward to seeing you back in the Butte!

All reviews
"family vacation"
"mountaineer square"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Went here with the family for spring skiing. Long drive from Denver but it was worth it. Bring your supplemental oxygen, the lifts start at 10,000 ft! There are rooms in the town below but the hotel's on the slopes are so convenient. There is a free shuttle though so no biggie. Tons of easy greens so it's great for families and beginners.

Zach P, Public Relations Manager at Crested Butte Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Hi Ed M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad to hear that your family enjoyed Crested Butte Mountain Resort's terrain and found everything to be convenient and easy. The free Mountain Express Shuttles are certainly a great option for anyone staying downtown or for folks who simply want to explore Elk Avenue.

I hope that we'll be able to welcome you back to Crested Butte and maybe one day we'll get you out on some of our Extreme Limits Terrain too!

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Th ski shops and classes are just adjacent to the hotel. I had a one night stay at the hotel and the hotel itself was very clean and comfortable.

Zach P, Public Relations Manager at Crested Butte Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hello poonama2017,

Thank you for writing a review. One of the beautiful attributes of Crested Butte is the close proximity between guests' lodging, activities, dining, etc. We strive to provide the ultimate experience for all of our guests and convenience is certainly a factor.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back to Crested Butte in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Came here with a large group of 40 guys they were really accommodating and we all had a great experience.

Hi Solomon S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is excellent to hear that your group enjoyed Crested Butte. We strive to provide the extra 1% to all of our guests and look forward to welcoming you back for another great experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

This is always a place to stop on the drive to Steamboat. Very nice people work and play at this nice resort. Grooming was spotty, but so were the conditions. Snow depth was marginal which made for exploring a bit more difficult.

Zach P, Public Relations Manager at Crested Butte Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hi Park M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear that you make Crested Butte a destination on your way up to Steamboat - you must have an affinity for great, western ski towns!

It's unfortunate to hear that you didn't have excellent conditions during your visit, but I hope that you'll visit us again next year as well. We average 300 inches of snow, so last season was an anomaly :)

I look forward to welcoming you back to Crested Butte.
-Zach P.