“A surprising gem.”

Barnwood Restaurant
Ranked #477 of 1 575 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This place is surprisingly good for a water park. I recognize that Great Wolf Lodge is more than a water park, but Barnwood is more than your average hotel lobby restaurant.

They source all their food from within 150 miles which is cool. Aside from that, the food was really well done. We ate there for dinner and lunch and were pleased with both meals. I did not try the burger, but it looked great. The lamb meatballs were awesome and the cocktails were good too.

It's a casual place because people may be dining with you after being in the water park so be prepared, but don't let that dissuade you. We live in the area and will go back to Barnwood for a meal even if we aren't staying at the hotel.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We just had our second dining experience at Barnwood, and with all of us having food service background, I need to name all of the disappointing service moves we witnessed tonight.

First, there was no silverware, no menus (until we asked) and no coloring paper for the kids. I’m wondering how much it would take to anticipate and prepare this in advance of a Saturday night on a holiday weekend.

Second, my friend’s medium well burger came out medium rare and no one noticed. Fries were cold and when we asked for a Ramekin for ketsup, the waitress brought out a serving bowl.

Last, I had given my credit card and a clearly communicated request (confirmed twice) for a birthday dessert for my daughter. The waitress correctly charged my card but there was no communication about a birthday dessert. After we were finished with our meals, waiting for the birthday desert, a good ten minutes went by. No dessert, just a check.

I’m thinking GWL should stick to water parks and family bunk rooms and contract out their food and beverage. Eat off site if you have a car and a sober driver.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Great food, really nice people and good service. Shockingly good for a restaurant housed at a Great Wolf Lodge.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Food was OK, but not worth the money. You can bring your own food in, but can only eat in certain areas of lodge. I'd recommend your own rooms.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

After check-in our children were "starving." You know how children are. We decided to do a sit down meal instead of trying the pizza. The food was very good and the service was great. Our waitress was very nice and answered any question we had whether it was about the menu or just the restaurant itself. Very satisfied!