“A great Colorado Springs stop”

United States Air Force Academy
Book In Advance
More Info
US$749,00*
and up
Private Tour to Pikes Peak Garden of Gods
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors can tour this modern sprawling campus that includes the Academy, Falcon Stadium, a chapel and Arnold Hall, a museum honoring Air Force personnel.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Of the three service academies, all of which sit on beautiful grounds, this is easily the most spectacular. Take a tour if you can. Beware that threat conditions may limit access at times.

1  Thank montanapescado
Write a ReviewReviews (2 548)
All reviews
"on display"
in 46 reviews

34 - 38 of 2 548 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've always wanted to visit the United States Air Force Academy if for no other reason than to visit its distinctive chapel. My family really enjoyed the couple of hours we spent here, but I do wish we had had more access to see more of the campus. The drive to the Academy, which is nestled among growing mountains, is really beautiful. From the visitor's center we walked to the chapel, which was as spectacular as I had hoped. But after that, there were only a few spots in the surrounding area that we could walk to due to barriers blocking access. Of course, this all makes sense given the nature of the facility, but it was slightly disappointing. I don't know if more in-depth tours are available (it didn't occur to us to check before hand), but if you're planning to visit it would be worth looking into. Otherwise, you'll enjoy the grounds, but mostly from afar.

2  Thank freutmich
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Air Force Academy is free to visit and is located about 20 minutes from the junction with I-25 and Hwy 24. I started my time at the AFA in the visitors center. I watched the 20 minutes film, which documents a cadet's first year on campus. After watching the film, I have even more respect for what the cadets have to go through on campus. It is extremely intense, and I know I wouldn't have been cut out for it. The visitors center also has a neat exhibit providing more details about each year at the AFA, the history of the AFA, and the unique falconry club and athletics. Every cadet plays a sport, whether varsity or intramural. That is serious dedication.

From the visitors center, you can take a short trail to the famous cadet chapel, which is an incredible sight to see, both outside and in. You can also see a sculpture garden outside Arnold Hall, which is next to the chapel. You can grab a bite to eat in the food court in Arnold Hall. Don't forget to stop at the pullouts on the loop drive for more good photo opportunities. Overall, I would allow 2-3 hours for a visit to the AFA. It is well worth your time!

3  Thank Emily Y
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Get to see what a day in the life of our fine young people go through as they become some of the best that the Air Force Officers