US$314
Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$257
Hotels.com
DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$248
US$198
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$278
US$331
US$309
Antlers Lodge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$274
The Bivvi Hostel(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$223
All reviewsgreat locationfront deskeast wingthe ski hire shopthe kitchenhot tubstaff friendly and accommodatingunderground parkingmain stfree bus stopsunits are individually ownedsuited our needssteam roomrestaurants and shopsski homeski trailtwo blocks
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here and our 4 adult children stayed in a timeshare condo we have. They spent a lot of time with us because the accommodations were so nice with the gas fireplace, pool, hot tub, etc, not to mention being so close to the gondola and the 4:00 Ski Trail takes you right to our front door! It couldn't have been better! We'll be back!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Aaron S, Manager at River Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

River Mountain Lodge Is the perfect mountain get away for skiing or just relaxing. With Main Street being right out the back door,you have access to one of the best ski towns in the world. Located at the end of 4 O'Clock run you to ski almost into the main lobby, for a quick lunch in the room or to call it a day. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

This is an outdated lodge that still suited our needs perfectly. The two story condo with spiral staircase was right out of the 70's with recent upgrades like comfy beds, new bathrooms and update kitchen. We only needed a place for five for one night and the one bedroom with loft and two bedrooms was perfect. The overall condition of the property was in need of some maintenance but again, the location was so perfect that we could easily overlook the small details. Parking underground was essential and the staff friendly and accommodating! Nothing luxurious but again, it suited our needs.

Stayed: April 2018

Thank you for reviewing the River Mountain Lodge
We're glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at our resort,and hope you see you again soon. At River Mountain Lodge every unit is individually owned, so every unit is a different. We recommend booking direct through wyndhamvacationrentals.com that way you can pick the room that work best for you and anyone else joining you to Breckenridge

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We were so freaked out after reading these horrible reviews that we almost cancelled our reservation. Thankfully it ended up not being that bad, but still left much to be desired.
A thing to note about this property--it's managed by several groups unlike a hotel so each unit has a different owner. This means each unit is entirely different from the other. The unit we rented E210 on the East section was listed privately online by the owners and was recently renovated. It's important to pay attention to what you are renting here.

The check in process was pretty annoying given that we had to drive to a different location to grab the key in an envelope with instructions. This is a unit rental, so there is no housekeeping. Our unit did have a washer and dryer, and full kitchen which was awesome.

The downside was that we were located on the first floor directly across from the hot tub which meant we had to keep the blinds shut the entire time and it was kinda loud outside. The bed was really squeaky and noisy every time we rolled over or moved and kept waking us up. The heat inside was really hard to regulate and got way to hot so we didn't sleep well.
The worst thing about this place was that the walls were paper thin. When the people upstairs got up in the morning it sounded like 25 elephants stomping around. You could hear EVERYTHING. The noise from the housekeeping was equally as bad. They were SO LOUD. The check out time here is 10am which is ridiculous. They fine you a day rate if you aren't out in time and there is no option for late check outs.

Overall this wasn't as bad as I expected and quite spacious, but we left not very well rested.

Room Tip: Check each unit’s reviews
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renee G
Aaron S, Manager at River Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for your review, Friendly staff, clean rooms are what we strive for. We are very conveniently located one block from the gondola and main street. Every unit here at River Mountain Lodge is individually owned, to insure you get the perfect room for you stay call 970-453-4000 or book online directly through Wyndhamvacationrentals.com

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The location of this lodge is fantastic block walk from gondola and 1 block from all of mainstreet. Could get to every bar/food/shopping/coffee experience we ever wanted. Plus the ski in for the evening is so much fun. Take the 4 o'clock down all the way down to be right accross the street, just unstrap and you are at your hotel. Front Desk service was good, they let us check our car in 6 hours early so we could arrive, ski all day then ski in at 4pm for check in.

Overall the room was nice, only had 2 pillows and 2 towels with some hand towels but front desk was always willing to give us more *IF we went and got them. Their room service is a pay for al a cart system that just doesnt work in hotels, fortunately my wife and I prefer not to have someone clean our room every day so it worked out well for our week stay. Hot tub and amenities were all good condition except the steam room needed to be cleaned badly as it smelled like feet. The Sauna made up for it however as it was excellent.

I would definitely stay here again, we got a good deal only booking a few weeks out during the week it wasnt such outrageous prices. Try avoid Friday and Saturday and its reasonable.

Last tip!!!! If you have special decals on your ski or snowboard be very specific on ski check in where to put their sticker. They tag all of their ski/snowboard at checkin with a white sticker they write your name and room on. They placed the sticker over a Lake tahoe decal i have on my board. It ripped off a good chunk of it when i removed it. Had some sentimental meaning so was a bummer they ruined that but i guess that just means i need to go back and get a new one!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

River Mountain Lodge is as you stated a perfect ski-in location in Breckenridge. We're glad you enjoyed your time up in the mountain with us. We hope to see you again

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I found a $300 extra charge on my card prior to checking out. When I called asking what it was for they told me it was a smoking fee. We smelt marijuana our entire stay, however never smoked it, especially not in the room. When explaining this to staff over the phone I was told someone would call me back after speaking with house keeping. Many hours later the supervisor called me saying they had "proof" naming several things like it smelt and there was a rolled up towel on the floor to keep smoke in. He also said there was a jar of cigarette ash found. Neither my boyfriend nor I smoke cigerettes, never have in my life so I'm not sure how this is possible. He said the hotel could charge me however much they they thought was suitable. At that point I figured there was nothing I could do. Another thing; we had 2 towels on our room for a 4 night stay. Maid service doesn't come unless you make an appt for them to come, which I've never heard before. So we called the 3rd night to get more towels, which were brought by housekeeping. Upon closing the door he put his hand out to catch the door, opened it back up and asked for a tip. I was very uncomfortable, and have never experienced this in my life. This is not a fact, just a feeling, that this house keeping employee is the one that reported these things about my room that caused the extra charge. (Only thing that makes sense to me). If this house keeping man did not act like this I would have left a tip in my room for any additional things I asked for upon checking out, as I always do. However I was very unhappy with my room that was falling apart, and all situations that occurred. Another thing..the hallways consistently smelt of rotting pizza like the trash hadn't been taken out of someone's room in days and it took me 3 days to get a working blow dryer, because they had none left!!!! It was 5 degrees out and my hair froze to my head one day:) do not stay here! I loved Breckinridge but hated this terrible hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Aaron S, Manager at River Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

I'm sorry to hear about your stay, but it looks like you stayed with Vail resorts. I have forwarded this review to Vail resorts manager.