US$314
US$202
US$179
Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Crystal Peak Lodge(Breckenridge)
US$331
US$306
Travelocity
The Bivvi Hostel(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$223
Breck Inn(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$156
Reviews (2 110)
2 110 results
All reviewscolorado suitestayed in buildingski lockersone bedroom suitethe indoor outdoor poolfree shuttlein townski schoolwood burning fireplacelocker roombit datedsmall kitchenshuttle serviceslope sidechair lifthot tubfull kitchen
11 - 16 of 2 110 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I visited during June 2018 for a friend's wedding.

On the bright side, this hotel has a wonderful pool and hot tub area. The look and feel of the hotel is rustic and homey, which makes for a pleasant combination with its surroundings. Our room was adequately sized and clean. The restaurants in the hotel were pretty good and not too insanely overpriced.

Unfortunately, circumstances brought us to visit over the summer, and despite all efforts, the room would not reach a lower temperature than 72 degrees. Windows open, fans on full blast, it was just too hot to fall asleep comfortably. It made for a miserable first night and a less than satisfactory second night during our stay. If you plan to do business in the summer, you need to have a room with an air conditioner.

Second, we had some issues navigating around the confusing architecture of the hotel. I wish I could describe it in better detail, but I still don't think I've mastered it to this day. There are different elevators connecting different buildings, and sometimes you need to take 3-4 specific elevators to reach a desired location in the hotel. This must be nice in the winter, where you don't have to brave the elements to reach any portion of the hotel, but it's a pain in the neck when you're rushing to a wedding rehearsal and can't figure out where to meet everyone.

Third, I can't believe this, but this hotel just does not offer rooms with king-sized beds. Why? The rooms are big enough to support it. My girlfriend and I had to sleep in separate beds, because we each like some space between us and it just didn't make sense to cram into a single queen bed.

Lastly, the bedding seemed cheap and not particularly comfortable. We're not talking motel-quality bedding here, but I couldn't say that the beds were a pleasure to sleep on. The mattress wasn't particularly soft, and the sheets weren't particularly smooth.

All that being said, the stay was okay. It wasn't great, but many of the less pleasant aspects have more to do with the altitude than the hotel itself. I don't think I'll find myself in Breckenridge again, but if I did, I would be willing to give Beaver Run another shot.

Room Tip: Try to book the same building as other guests in your party/event. Traveling building-to-building is a nightmare.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex R
BeaverRunResortFun, Guest Relations Manager at Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Alex R.,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our amenities here on property. The rooms at Beaver Run Resort were built without air conditioning as average daily temperatures during the day are in the upper 70's and typically drop down to the 40's at night. This allows natural cooling of the units when you open the windows. With that being said, there are a total of 4 resorts/hotels in Breckenridge that have actual air conditioning and I'm so very sorry about this not being communicated prior to your visit. We here at the resort would like to apologize for confusing architecture and for not providing you with the options of having a King Bed unit, to which we have many to offer. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our management team. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services. Please let me know if you want to discuss this personally. Thank you again Alex R. for you review and your concerns.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The resort seems very dated and slightly rundown. Staying in a one bedroom suite which was an upgrade. But there is no AC and it is impossible to find anything in this crazy warren of long hallways and elevators to nowhere. I would not stay here again.

I'm forced by Trip Advisor to choose a "sort of trip" but none of their selections matches why I'm here so I hit family.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear lavraiefarouche,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay at our resort was not up to par. Please note that this information has been passed on to our concerned staff. Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to Breckenridge. Please let me know if you want to discuss this personally. Thank you lavraiefarouche.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Check in is a disaster! Taking forever. 4 on and don’t seem to be able to get me a room. Ugh. 20 people waiting. Not sure where desk staff is or what they are doing. It’s a real problem. Wouldn’t stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Brian C.,

Thank your for your candid feedback. I am sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with the competence of our front desk team. I apologize for this bad experience. This is very disappointing to hear, but we hope you give us another chance to make it up to you. Please let me know if you want to discuss this personally. Thank you Brian C.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed in a suite which was really set up as a 1 bedroom condo. It had everything including full size fridge, stove and all the necessary utensils, pots and pans. The suite was a little dated but I was told they will be remodeling soon. The rates were really reasonable. I would return with the family in the near future. The staff was friendly and super helpful!
Breckenridge has a small resort town feel but plenty to do with the family. If you are traveling with kids, I would recommend going up the Gondola to the third stop. There are plenty of games and activities for everyone. The weather was wicked weird; snowed on the way in and 80 degrees on the way out! The elevation took a while to get acclimated to but wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear 509WATraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our resort. I am pleased to hear that you find our location to your liking. On your next visit, we are happy to share with you a sample itinerary that will help you maximize your stay in the area. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. If you're traveling to our area again soon, don't hesitate to call us. Thank you again 509WATraveler and take care!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Terrible customer service. We stayed 4 nights, housekeeping only came by one day. The rest of the days I had to go get our own towels, etc. When I would call for anything, I had to call twice to get it. The only request I had was a sharps container for my medical needs, had to wait 6 hrs to get it, again 2 calls. Accommodations were old and outdated.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear dwcrisp,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay and don't hesitate to call me to share more information and I will try my best to rectify the situation. This is very disappointing to hear, but we hope you give us another chance to make it up to you. Please let me know if you want to discuss this personally. Thank you again dwcrisp.