Reviews (1 788)
1 788 results
All reviews double tree front desk ski valet warm cookies valet staff the upper floors self parking breakfast buffet hotel restaurant rooms are large breck sports oxygen bar main street ski shop hotel shuttle mountain view mini fridge
77 - 82 of 1 788 reviews
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

First off the staff was friendly (front desk and valet is who we dealt with) no problem there. The room seemed clean enough and we had plenty of toiletries, towels, etc. There was a portable a/c unit set up in our room-guess there is no air conditioning. It got a little stuffy but we got through it. The room was also very large compared to other hotels. Lastly, if you were looking to ski it couldn’t be a better location. You are right there. We were visiting in May, so skiing was not an option. Also location to Breck’s Main St is great.

The downsides: there was only
Valet parking for $35 a day; we like being able to come and go and that wasn’t an option. The hotel was so dated and smelly; in need of a complete overhaul. At the entrance probably 10 steps into lobby, we had a few bags and dragging luggage up stairs was strange. The worst though was the set up of the hotels elevators! One elevator and you walked to the completely opposite end to use it. If you have mobility problems this place is not for you. Down the hall they have multiple sodas for a break I suppose on the long walk to the elevator. Not a good floor plan at all. We would not stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Two things first off:
- This is a valet only hotel ($35/day)
- If you have any mobility issues make SURE you are below floor seven. The elevator situation is a mess.

This is an older hotel that Hilton took over a couple years ago and did some freshening to. We went in off season so I cannot comment on ski type things and we did not eat at the restaurant so I cannot comment there either.

The two biggest positives were the staff and the location. Everyone we encountered was super nice and super helpful (Especially the valet staff). Five stars for them. The location is five stars plus. Less than a ten minute walk down hill and you're at the South End of Breckenridge main street with tons of things to do. OR, do what we did: have the free shuttle drop you at the North End and walk back.

The rooms are fine. We were on the 8th floor which is advertised as Hilton Honors and I found the rooms to be perfectly acceptable. The AC is a movable unit but that's normal in the high country. Only complaint would be having the sink/vanity in the same room as the shower but no big deal.

Main negative is the layout of the hotel and the elevators. I have never taken seriously an elevator complaint online because it's never that big of a deal. This is a bigger deal. Not only do you have to walk the entire maze of a seventh floor to transfer elevators, there is no service elevator so the staff is doing the same thing. It's really a comedy of errors with blind corners, carts everywhere and elevators about 60% the size you're used to.

Stay on six or below and chat up the valet guys for best places to go and you'll have a wonderful trip!

Room Tip: Stay on floor six or below
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Our reserved room was not the correct one assigned. The staff did correct this after waiting on hold for 15 mintues to talk with someone. Requested a pack and play and had to call the front desk three times over the course of 2 1/2 hrs. Before it was delivered. I stay often at Hilton properties for work and have come to appreciate the consistency that Hilton offers, that was not the case with this stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear spencersears,

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards. We’ve addressed the problems you mentioned with our team to avoid recurrence in the future. Thank you for alerting us to these issues, and we hope you’ll give us another chance to make it right.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I want to say the entire staff is great.... so very nice....everyone was in a great mood.... now the hotel...... not as good..... very small bathroom... the door could not open all the way... it it the toilet.... no air... open the window and enjoy the traffic ....what is up with the house keeping carts stored in the halls ....it was so nice that the staff was very nice.... We looked over the short falls of hotel... they need to change the name to budget hotel and remove Double Tree name....we had a great time.... I would not stay here again so many other options

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Lots to say, both good and not so good. This is an older property. No A/C, and our room was stuffy. They brought us a nice big stand-alone one when requested, though. Old phone that needed to be charged. Old carpet. The plug where I put my cell phone to charge didn’t work.
We needed a handicap room for my friend, and they had only one. 50 rooms were occupied out of over 200, but they didn’t give us a good rate considering the condition of the hotel.

The fitness room was just weird. TV didn’t work, aerobics like treadmills and bike faced away from the TV, the bike doesn’t work right, there were no water cups.

All that said, the staff was really nice. The night staff especially, was great and knowledgeable.

The breakfast was fabulous. I had an omelet, my friend had scrambled eggs. Everything was cooked perfectly, the fruit was fresh, the waiter was so nice. We were literally the only ones in the restaurant. Too bad.

The Wi-Fi worked better than in most hotels.

This is in between seasons, yet Memorial Day is a week away. Not sure I would come back because the hotel is so outdated. If I was just grading the staff, they’d get 5 stars. But the facility needs work...

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends