“Excellant Choice”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: Oak at Fourteenth is located on the Pearl Street Mall two blocks away from the main RTD station.
Reviewed 29 October 2018

We have eaten here at least three times and the food and service is always perfect. We make a point of going back every time we visit.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

We had dinner at the upscale Oak at Fourteenth (just off Pearl Street) in Boulder in late September 2018 on the first leg of a memorable road trip through the U.S. Southwest. The restaurant appeared to be nearly full when we arrived, but because we had made a reservation, we were promptly seated at a nice table a bit removed from the business of the dining room. We began with a local draft beer from Copper Kettle Brewery and an Oak Martini, both of which were very good. We shared an appetizer of Tempura Fried Squash Blossoms and main courses of Pan Roasted Sablefish and Corn and Mushroom Ricotta Agnolotti. We also shared an apple-based desert. Overall, the food and service (from Matt) were very good.

Reviewed 20 October 2018

The food is amazing - there is no doubting that. But our waiter was a surly rude man who seemed like he wanted to be anywhere but at work. He basically served all our food and drinks at the same time - no pacing, no asking if we wanted another drink, no dessert menu until asked, no offer for coffee. Drinks arrived with salad follwed by entrees literally 3 minutes later. I did notice other patrons with a different server were treated better. Just a bad day for him and the kitchen? Maybe. But it overshadowed a nice birthday meal and made us not want to return.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

To be honest my friend and I were going to walk out because the man at the door was somewhat condescending as we were scanning the bar area for a place to sit and spoke to me as if I knew the chef's table wasn't a part of the bar?! Perhaps Welcome and we're glad you two ladies have chosen to dine with us tonight, and although we cannot seat you as there's a waitlist, you may help yourselves to the bar ... right this way. Just as I was about to turn and leave, a handsome man swooped us up with such warmth and grace ... one of the bartenders, named Chris. Evan and Scott were the other two bartenders and they all treated us like we were the only ones that mattered. My gratitude and they deserve a huge shout out ... thank you Chris for reading the situation and for swooping us up. The food? Amazingly delicious and innovative. The kale salad and the special pasta, something I normally do not order, was divine. The drinks? These guys are mixologists and know how to pour ... the tequila/fresh jalapeno/cucumber cocktails were smooth and precisely what I wanted. Definitely my new go to place in Boulder ... thank you!

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Packed packed at 7;56 pm on a Thursday
I stood at a stand up bar for 20
Minutes but was taken care of by a very very caring efficient young man employeee and finally got s space at the bar
Great cocktails
The place was a little small
For the tremendous popularity
But with reviews like mine
It will be packed