“Very generous servings, friendly staff, cute theme”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Yreka
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: One thing that you quickly learn about the Black Bear Diner in Yreka is that we take our food and service very seriously. We use the very best ingredients, cook them to perfection, and have them sent to your table by the friendliest group of men and women that you can imagine. Come see for yourself what we’re all about, and we promise that you won’t leave disappointed.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I've enjoyed many meals at Black Bear Diners over the years. I find the servings generous, the quality of the food generally good, and the menu varied. Staff are typically welcoming, friendly, and attentive.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

On an rv road trip I stopped in at the BBD in Yreka for a late lunch/early dinner meal.
I ordered the pot roast with Italian green beans, and mashed spuds and gravy. It also came with a side salad. I ate what I could and took the rest with me.
It was really good, and my waitress couldn’t have been nicer.
Before I left I took a small berry pie with me for later. Everything was boxed nicely for my small rv fridge, and for re-heating later.
One of the best Black Bear Diners I’ve been to.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Great service, excellent food, reasonable prices. I had a club sandwich that was done just right. I opted for the fresh to order coleslaw instead of fries and it was crisp and delicious. Not like the soupy stuff you get at the fast chicken place. While in Yreka, you will not be disappointed by the Black Bear.

1  Thank yoda98513
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Food was good, had ten people so things got a little behind with only one server bringing the food to table. I hate when they bring the main plate and don't bring your bread too!!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We ate here the other day and were impressed with the taste of the food and the portions. Unfortunately, outside of the hostess, the rest of the staff seemed to be having a bad day and/or weren’t really in the mood to be overly friendly to customers. Too bad.

Been to Black Bear Diner? Share your experiences!