“Good food”
Review of Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc
Reserve with OpenTable
Ad Hoc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 31 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Prix fix menu from the owner of French Laundry. Went for fried chicken lunch and it was tasty. The place is always packed. We enjoyed it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 212)

63 - 67 of 1 212 reviews

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We dined on roasted chicken night (with the add’l option of spaghetti and meatballs). The food was all 3.5-4stars, but nothing extremely unique or flavorful. The course included a broccolini salad, chicken, cheese plate (excellent, especially with the wine pairing), and ice cream sundaes for dessert. My least favorite was the dessert, and I had hoped for something more inventive. Service was also good (not great), as our server was knowledgeable, but not very personable. Loved the family style aspect, and being seated close to others. Met some lovely people.
We did try the wine pairing, which was nice in allowing me to try something out of my typical selections, but I would not have necessarily paired the full bodied Nebbiolo with chicken, but it was an interesting experience. Glad I tried the pairing. We had a nice experience, but think it would be more fun with a large group.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Ad Hoc menu changes daily and is served family style. It is a laid back atmosphere with excellent food.

We took our 7 month old and the staff was very accommodating. I would take children to earlier reservations, but would not shy away when traveling with children.

You can check the menu online each morning.

If you sit at the bar you can order al la carte.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I've heard about Ad Hoc for quite some time now from friends. Finally got a chance to dine there, service was great. The food was good, some dishes better than others, but I guess I was expecting to be blown away by the food.

Had the
Caesar salad- pretty good
Fried Veal- expected better
Meat Bolognese- very good
Cheese course- good
Sundae-Excellent.

For the price vs food taste/flavor i expected more, but menu does change daily. I was really hoping to try their fried chicken, but it wasn't on the menu that day. Maybe we visited on a bad day.

You do get a lot of food and we were stuffed with some food left over.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Our first time in wine country and I'm so glad we kept our reservation for this delightful restaurant. We almost cancelled! It was mere steps away from our hotel and we loved every minute of our experience. The atmosphere was fun, the four course meal was probably one of the best I've ever had! The wine was divine! I hope we get to visit again sometime in the future.