“Mixed review”
Review of Redd

Redd
Reserve with OpenTable
Redd is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Yountville
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I guess I had high expectations of this restaurant after hearing so much about it. My husband enjoyed the scallops, I thought the lobster risotto was very good, but then I was extremely disappointed in the halibut. It was over cooked and the sauce was far too heavy for this dish. I doubt I would seek it out again since there are so many good restaurants in the area.

1  Thank Susan T
Write a ReviewReviews (1 571)

17 - 21 of 1 571 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Love the gray decor that dominates the color scheme at Redd restaurant (I'm sure most like me expected a lot of red, but none to be found). Food and service is pretty darn good too. The Mrs and I split the glazed pork belly appetizer. Loved the 5 spice overtones in this dish. She had the red snapper “veracruzana”, whereas I selected the Alaskan halibut. It's not mentioned in the ingredients description, but it was served with some delish Israeli couscous. We concluded with sharing the buttermilk panna cotta with mixed berries and topped with some tasty lime sorbet. All in all, a top notch dining experience at a fantastic restaurant.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We enjoyed a fabulous dinner, seating outside on a sunday night in June. Weather was perfect and service great, although forgetful. Main waiter was nice but maybe not as attentive. The food was excellent. The bread could have been a little better but still nice. I had the rock shrimp and melon appetizer. Other's had the tuna tar tar and grilled octopus. Two of us had the scallops that were out of this world fresh. The only downside is I left hungry even after we shared 3 desserts (they were small but pretty)! Should have had more bread but forgot to ask! I would return for sure! If you are on a diet then order the fish and you will be fine!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Redd is in the southern part of Yountville and is walkable from most of the town and also has ample street parking. The food is California farm-to-table and the quality is very high end. Diners can either order off the menu a la carte or have a tasting menu from the chef. We ordered 3 courses a la carte - the corn soup with brown butter was delicious and also very rich. The risotto with lobster was creamy and thankfully not overly heavy (for risotto). My entree was the caramelized sea scallops - this had a great polenta base that added flavor to the vegetable. The scallops were perfectly cooked and were delicious. We skipped desert as the courses were plentiful.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We were in Napa Valley enjoying a few days in this beautiful part of California. One of the wineries recommended this restaurant for dinner. We called and they were booked but the hostess said the bar area is open and they serve a Bar menu and the regular menu. We decided to eat off the bar menu. I ordered the Lettuce wraps, my better half had their burger. I can't wait to come back just to eat the Lettuce Wraps. The best food we have both had in a long time. Great service, Great Atmosphere and the patio in the restaurant is just lovely.
Please make reservations in advance and don't miss a incredible dining experience. We enjoyed ourselves beyond words. Thank you for making our evening a great experience.