All reviews bar marmont old school walls could talk hollywood history main building large living room junior suite people watching hollywood feel outdoor restaurant full kitchen four seasons los angeles hotel bar sunset blvd spent nights hotel guests
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Once in a lifetime you have to experience the quaintness at this unique hotel that throws you back in to the 1920. Staff was being very friendly and helpful. Decoration was a reminiscence of the 1920 and imparted a certain kind of cozyness. We enjoyed our short stay.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Regine K
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Friendly, charming and unpretentious despite it's glamorous reputation. The room was not a modern hotel room but steeped in history. If you want a modern hotel, stay in a modern hotel, but if you want to feel like you're staying in the same style as the golden age of Hollywood then stay here.

We had dinner and breakfast on the patio and food and service were both great.

Room Tip: Suite was very roomy and quieter than garden room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2018

The place is older and does not have all the amenities of a five star hotel, but what it does have is atmosphere. Sitting in the lounge you sometimes feel like you have gone back in time to an era when Hollywood was much more magical. The place does have modern conveniences, so don't worry about that. Great staff, always helpful, room service is much quicker than I would have expected. Damn the food is good too. This place has an amazing chef. I'm no foody by any means, but I actually avoided eating while out and about, because I had something in mind that I seen somebody else eating there. I know I'm forgetting stuff, but this place is amazing and near to all the action on Sunset. My only regret will be moving down there and not staying anymore. But I will still stop by for a meal or drinks.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank fiasco001
Reviewed 17 June 2018

this hotel is packed with character, it is old world feeling with every added touch of luxury, Bungalow 4 is super chic and removed and you can enjoy a private party on your grounds and relax and do as you see fit, the dining is great the food is lovely and the drinks are on point, the hotel has many celebs in it at all times.

Room Tip: best hollywood experience
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2018

I’ve stayed several times at the Chateau and it’s a bit of old Hollywood that has maintained its mystique through the years. Charming in a classic way. Patio restaurant is always a pleasure and one never knows who will be dining nearby. The Lobby Bar is a cozy place for a quiet drink, or for a nice meal. I had to have a drink at the pool despite less than ideal weather on my most recent visit: great place. Rooms are large, with small retro kitchens and other interesting touches. Baths are decidedly retro and a tile touch up would be welcome, if the classic charm is left intact. Don’t ever change, Chateau!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends