“Not again”

Ranked #221 of 328 Restaurants in Walnut Creek
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We'd had good food but so-so service a few months back, so we decided to give A a try again: wrong.
There were 5 of us at 420pm on a Saturday...not a full restaurant by any means. We ended up having 3 servers take food/drink order (???)...had to wait 45 minutes for chicken-wonton taco appetizer..then they bring out 3 other appetizers that we didn't order, but he had put the plate down and said: "well..it's yours now since once it's put down we can't ake it back..and you won't be charged" (I was!!)...
Then we all got served and they brought the wrong order for one person, so it took another 25 mins. to get his dinner and by now we had all finished eating. (We didn't have to pay for it at least." The food was OK though my "French onion soup" looked like liquid mustard and had NO hint of onion in it..and the side Caesar salad had some generic-tasting non-Caesar dressing...Besides the company, the best thing I enjoyed was my glass of House Chardonnay.
Needless to say...we'll be frequenting other eateries and hopefully A will re-train staff ..we also had big mixup on the final bill..he had to take it back twice.
Ouch.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We have been coming to the Walnut Creek Applebee’s with a group of friends once s week for the last few months. This restaurant is not well equipped to handle s group of six people, all of whom are Seniors. We have to sit at tall stools since regular tables and booths accommodate only 4 people. Yesterday, we gave our order and when the salads came, only 4 were brought out. We had ordered first in the group and were not given our salads even though they were the same as the others. We were told they would be right out/ but 10 min later still not there!! When I went and questioned our server, he said he was working on something else and could not help me! The Manager then come over and asked what the issue was, I asked for at least some bread and was told regular bread was not available only some extra cost cheese bread. Our salads finally came but our dinner companions had finished their salads!! Our entrees then came out a few minutes after our salads arrived!! Then when checks were presented, four of the six people had errors on their checks and were being charged too much. Personally, I will never return to this Applebee’s. I have eaten at many other Applebee’s over the years and have never had these issues .

1  Thank barbaraj62
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Applebee’s has revamped their menu and provides healthier dishes. Also, there are frequent deals such as buy one get one free or 2 for $20 (two entrees, one appetizer). There are the usual salads, burgers, steaks, seafood entrees, etc. This location has also renovated the interior. There is a bar lounge in the center with booths and tables along two sided of the restaurant. There are at least a half-dozen tvs available. The serving staff was friendly and efficient but food seemed to be slow coming out of the kitchen. This location is in a shopping center with plenty of parking.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Applebee's is a good neighborhood restaurant. It has a varied menu so you can please all the different appetites in your group. I like their hamburgers, but my daughter usually orders their salmon. My son likes to make a meal out of their appetizers. Their food is good and their prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

Whenever I have visitors for a few days, I generally take them at least once to Applebee's on Ygnacio Valley Road. They have a nice selection of entres and everything is good. Burgers and ribs are my favorite and they have some really good appetizers. It's generally a noisy place with lots of people enjoying themselves and having fun. All my guests have liked Applebee's and some have requested a repeat visit.