“Great Authentic Italian”

Ranked #1 of 235 Restaurants in Vista
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Di Giovanni Family comes from the small island of Ponza located about 20 miles off the coast of Italy. Our family has restaurants in Italy as well as here in the States. Since the restaurants are family run, they may be considered to be "Trattoria." In the spirit and tradition of the Trattoria, we are able to create delicious food at reasonable prices. If you stop by and try our food, you will taste the pride and passion that goes into every dish we prepare. We have been serving the San Diego County area for over two decades and have been located at the current location for over 15 years. For those of you who have never joined us for lunch or dinner, we hope that you stop by soon. For those of you that join us for lunch or dinner regularly, we thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I just had the best Italian food I have ever eaten. Everything from the bread, dinners, and desserts are all homemade. Our waitress Valeria was very friendly and attentive. It was a great dining experience!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really wanted to give Ciao a great review because I have been here before and it was delicious. Hopefully we were there on an off night. It was very busy, but that is usual, but it was just one thing after another. We had trouble getting refills on our water, the bread came out extremely burnt on the bottom and when I asked for a new loaf it took a very long time to get a new one. When the food finally came out mine was dried up and very little sauce (Penne Alla Vodka). I asked for more sauce and they took the dish back to the kitchen and brought it back out in which seemed like a very long time and this time it had way too much sauce and not much flavor. On the other hand my husband had the Baked Rigatoni which was delicious. I will give it another shot sometime and hope all goes better.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

We have gone to Ciao for many years and it just couldn't be better. The food is delicious and I would crawl a mile for their Caesar Salad. It is the best anywhere. While all this is reason enough to visit time and time again it's the family that makes Ciao extra special. They work hard, make everyone feel welcome, and always have smiles on their faces. We love them and we love Ciao!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

March 23rd we took a party of 24 to Ciao for an amazing evening. Service was excellent. The food was delicious. Started the group off with their fabulous Italian bread with oil, balsamic vinegar, parmesan cheese, caesar salad, house salads. Then everyone ordered off the menu everything from, chioppino, fettuccine alfredo, veal parmesan, shrimp scampi, eggplant parmesan, pizza pie, lasagana, etc. We highly recommend this restaurant for a wonderful meal and evening. We will definitely return to this restaurant in the future when we are in this area again.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is amazing. They have authentic Italian food. The staff are fabulous. They are currently under construction for expansion, I can't wait for the gelato bar to be done.

Been to Ciao Restaurant? Share your experiences!