All reviews convention center concierge lounge two blocks hardwood floors room service nice hotel front desk staff business trip the air conditioning full service sequoia national park downtown restaurants visit sequoia breakfast buffet clean rooms nice room upon check
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Our stay was for one night June 10, 2018. Hotel is under construction but still operating.

First, POSITIVE=the front desk ladies were very customer friendly and nice.(Honestly the best thing about the hotel). Our room was quiet after a long trip. There is a restaurant/bar on site. Refrigerator inside the room.Pet friendly($75 fee)

Second, WHAT WENT WRONG=We get to our room the aesthetics of the hotel may be beautiful upon completion but our room 225:
#1 was HOT at 6 pm arrival
#2 stains on the duvet
#3 mold in the shower
#4 the bathroom door literally rubs against the toilet when opening and closing
#5 their were a daddy long legs spider in the corner RM 225 as well as another web in the window

Third, No on answered when I called the front desk but once I physically went down there the young lady apologized and said maintenance will be by.Well by the time maintenance arrived my husband had just restarted the A/C and it was cool after 4 hours for about 20 minutes. Then the maintenance staff member told my husband to set it at 68 degrees so it would not freeze. He did that and the room was HOT all over again.

Third, The restaurant food was frozen heat and serve per my husband who had the fish and chips. I ordered the salad and the fruit and nuts were fresh but the salad was wilted and the cucumber was not fresh.

Last, I contacted the Marriott via the contact us and NEVER received any feed back.

This is NOT what we expect from ANY Marriott since my husband's company uses them and we frequent them as well for pleasure. For the $200 a night, plus pet fee we are not satisfied.
Room Tip: RM 225 does not have a good view, mold and spiders

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
carrie g, General Manager at Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Disappointing,

I am so sorry for your unpleasant experience at our hotel. We strive to deliver exceptional service and your feedback will be shared with the hotel team to improve service.

Carrie

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel. All the facilities, friendly helpful staff and clean.
The room was fantastic modern and clean. I ate in there restaurant, food was ok.
Hotel was under refurbishment when I visited buy this did not impact my opinion. Would use every time.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel 2 nights while visiting Sequoia and Kings Canyon NP. Open room with comfortable bed. Pool was nice. Had breakfast 1 day and dinner at hotel. Both good and reasonably priced. Staff was friendly.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

The lobby is still under construction. The hotel rooms and hallways have been remodeled and the decor updated to reflect the Kings Canyon ambiance with nice photos through out the hotel. There is no stairwell access to the lobby. The issue I had with the king hotel room is there is no dresser. You have a standard closet but that didn’t contain a suitcase caddy. What appears as a afterthought is a beat up looking 2 drawer storage unit that is next to the desk. It looks like an old printer stand. Our clothes stayed in one suitcase on a bench under the big flat screen tv and the other suitcase stayed on the floor which is very inconvenient for a 4 day stay. For a short stay the lack of dresser space might not be an issue. Remodel added a full length light up mirror but I thought that was a waste of space. Carpet is gone from the rooms. The addition of a mini refrigerator was a plus. Standard In room coffee maker. Bed and linens were great. Food was good .Location is perfect if you are attending an event at the convention center.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

This hotel is being re-done. The rooms are modern, with lots of sitting space and a big screen TV. There's also a pool and hot tub where you can relax. Overall a good option, but my only negative comment is that our booking said that breakfast was included but that did not prove to be correct. Each person is charged $16.00 for the breakfast.

1  Thank Cavista