See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2018

Only 2 of 4 washers have worked over past month i've been here. The 2 working are filthy. Side stairwell door can be pulled open without a key card. I'm mentioned to front desk twice and nothing happens. The people opening the door are permanent residents and some I question even stay here. The door and surrounding the door is filthy covered in dirt. Parking lot has a lot of trash. Apathy is the word for front desk personnel. Never stayed anywhere where i've heard so much arguing between front desk and guests. Why do I stay here? It's most affordable place to stay for a few months while working. Affordable does not give cleanliness and safety a pass.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom W
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St., responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

We are disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We will personally address these issues with the appropriate teams to ensure happy guests is our number one priority. We truly regret the inconvenience caused and please consider us again so that we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you with the hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Most of the front desk is very nice and accepting (with a few exceptions). Management on the other hand is another story, I get the same feeling from a lot of other guests, we never want to go to the front desk when the manager is there,its the same story with the front desk if the manager is there EVERYONE will try and actively STAY AWAY.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St., responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

First of all, we apologize for the difficulties you experienced with the reception of one of our staff members. This is not the impression that we like our guests to leave with, and we hope you will consider this an isolated incident. We would love the opportunity to provide you with the hospitality that you should have experienced during this stay.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

One of the worst managers I've ever seen. The way that I saw him speaking to the front desk was unimaginable. It came as no surprise to me that the next time I stayed the girl had quit due to the managers obvious anger issues. A Manager whose first reaction is to yell and demean his employees is no real manager in my eyes. I wish he left instead of the extremely nice girl.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank charcar42

Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at our hotel. We are extremely concerned with this behavior, and we apologize for this disrespect. Our leadership team is reviewing the situation immediately to ensure such incidents are handled more diligently. Again, we apologize for the unpleasant experience and hope you will give us the chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Clean hotel, spacious &every store in the shopping plaza is all walking distance!

***THANK YOU to the staff @Union City extended stay for giving me & my family a wonderful &relaxing fathers day weekend. Huge thank you to the manager, Shamil! He's the reason why it was our weekend was stress free. He went above and beyond to accommodate whatever needs my family had. (&Trust me, my husband and my kids have no problem asking for what they want. Lol ) thank you Shamil and all of the Extended stay staff in union city!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St., responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, most especially the kind comments about Shamil. It's important to us that all our guests have a great experience, and we're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure serving you at Extended Stay America, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

My family , especially my kids love staying here. No matter what we need , every store is within walking distance. (Saves sooo much gas!) I love that it comes with a kitchen ! It really makes our stay feel like home away from home. &The staff in Union City are the sweetest. They always accommodate our needs & wants no matter what time , no matter how many requests we ask, no matter how big or how small. The Union City location is hands down my favorite location in the area!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St., responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Liela, we appreciate your consistent support of Extended Stay America. It's always a pleasure to see a familiar face and we love having you as a regular guest! Thanks also for taking the time to share your perspective with future guests. Your continued business is the best recommendation there is. Thanks again, we look forward to your next stay!