All reviews continental breakfast fire pit full kitchen redwood forest dressing area patrick's point nice kitchen stay there again fresh fruit beautiful setting close to town comfy bed coffee maker long drive rooms are spacious small town per night
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Stayed here almost a week. Beautiful setting among large trees and flowers all around. At night lit up with little white twinkling lights, so lovely. Our room came with a seperate kitchen which had a full oven/range, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, dishes ...everything one might need. The main room had a cozy bed with cute comfy linens along with a decent TV (and wifi). The morning food in the gazebo included toast, muffins, oatmeal, coffee, tea .. which was a good start for a days adventure. We really enjoyed our stay here which was a super location to take day trips up or down the amazing shoreline with so much to see.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 3 June 2018

This was a great place. Nice Kitchen. Beautiful grounds. Very clean. We stayed in room 4 and there was an incredible musty smell. It was Memorial weekend and there was nothing else available. The brunch was a few bagels and some juice.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here to visit the redwoods. For this the location is great. The place is cute, clean and the staff was very nice. The recommendations we received were good. The bed could be bigger though, anyhow we liked our stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2018

I originally saw Trinidad Inn on Booking.com for a very low price compared to what the other inns were advertising. When I called the hotel she offered me a lower rate and so I cancelled the first reservation I had made.The room which was advertised was a 2 queen with a kitchenette. I called at a later date asking if I could add a night. She said that she could as she had a king fireplace room available. One bed was perfect for us and I didn't need a kitchen.
I called once more right before the trip to ask if the room had certain amenities since I couldn't find the info online. I asked if it had a coffee maker and it did. I asked if there was a way to heat water to be able to make herb tea and she said there was a microwave in the room. She explained that there were mugs, plates, etc. in the room.
To my delight when we arrived the room was very clean, nicely appointed, and had nice quality paint molding, and wallpaper. There is a water purifier at the bathroom sink. If I had known that I would have brought a refillable water bottle. We just brought plastic bottled water.
The shower curtain was beautiful and curved so you have space in the shower. The rug in front of the sink in the dressing area was so plush and comfy I just wanted to stand there and enjoy it!
We were out and about at Patrick's Point, a concert, and eating with the family so we weren't in the room that much. Our last night we would have used the outdoor wood burning fire pit but it was way too windy and cold. We did walk on the property out to Stagecoach Rd. and down to the trail that goes to a beach. I was nursing a bad knee so we didn't go all the way down but we enjoyed the walk. Nature around there is just amazing. We borrowed a movie from the front desk and had microwave popcorn.
There was no breakfast provided in April so we brought muffins and hard boiled eggs. I suggested that the room needs a table big enough for two people to sit down together to eat or drink tea. I had to sit at the one person wicker desk by the window and my husband sat on the couch or on the bed. There was definitely room for a round or square table in front of the window.
The water pressure is very low for the shower so you have to be patient to take a shower. We had some issues with the toilet and alerted the front desk. There wasn't anything they could do as it is probably associated with the low water pressure. She suggested pouring water into the tank.They would have to do a big pipe renovation probably to get the water pressure up.
There is a cute gazebo and a picnic table on the property as well as gas bar-b-que grills for guests to use. Our room was right next to the forest and there were lots of flowers around.There was a rooster at a neighbor's house which woke us up early one day. There was also a little basketball court by our room where we could hear the ball bouncing but it wasn't that big of a deal. There was a hotel guest that brought their dog over by our window to do his business and I had the blinds open part way. I noticed the guy looking in at me. I just ignored him. I had my robe on and I just kept on getting my coffee. They could probably do something with the windows to make it a bit more private since you are on ground level and anyone standing outside can look straight into your room. I had the blinds slanted open to get some light and to see the day outside.
My husband said the wifi was inconsistent for him. I told them upon leaving that they needed to either bleach or replace the shower liner as it had mold across the bottom of it (it was orange/red colored). There was also hairs in the bathtub upon arrival which I had to rinse out so I could take a bath after the long drive to Humboldt. I let them know a light bulb was out over the sink and they replaced it while we were out.
They had an ice machine which was good because I was supposed to be icing my knee so that was helpful. Maxi the cat was lovely; soft, friendly, and lovable.
For $90.00 per night it was overall a very nice stay. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were in # 7 next to the forest on the lower level.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherry P
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Spent one night at this Inn and found it to be a nice quiet area. We were in the middle of the tranquil Redwood Forest. The room was adequate for the 3 of us with 3 beds, foldout couch, 2 tv's and full kitchen which was furnished with real ground coffee and creamer! Also had all needed to fix a full meal with pots, pans, dishes, etc. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family