All reviews regular price restaurants within walking distance stayed two nights enjoyable stay per night freeway carson lounge renovation
Reviewed 2 June 2018

This was my family’s first time staying here at this Holiday Inn. I grew up in Torrance and my parents literally live minutes away from this property.

The property itself is located in a more industrial part of Torrance so places to see and eat at are scarce in the area. But the property is located right off the 110 freeway so getting to nearby sights and restaurants isnt that much of a problem. The area seems safe enough during the day but at night, it can be a bit sketchy. The parking lot seems to be in bad need of renovation as some of the concrete was not level and parking was a bit scarce .The property also charges 16.00 a day for parking with in and out privileges for IHG members.

The room itself was well appointed. 2 beds, a desk that doubled as a dining table, fridge...The fridge was a hit and miss as sometimes it got too cold or not cold enough...but the biggest downer for the room were those popcorn ceilings. Really showed how dated the room was and definitely shows how much of an overhaul this hotel needs.

For the price point, this hotel isn’t too bad . Would consider staying again if hotel updates their rooms and facilities.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I came in on a Saturday check in was told breakfast was extra, no problem so I paid for 2 breakfast buffets that was from 7 to 11. So we walked in at 10 and was told the buffet was closed and had to order of a menu that had very small limit of options. It was not worth the money (nasty breakfast). $11 a day for handicap and hotel club members. Being disabled it was very hard to roll my luggage into the hotel from the parking lot, because of the uneven pavement in the potholes everywhere. Oh boy the room smelled like it use to be an only smokers room. It looked and smelled like it was old attic that’s been close for 20 years. Took a shower and the tub filled up and wouldn’t drain, I pulled off the cover and pulled out a ball of hair bigger then a golf ball (gross). They need to get it together. They need to do a total remodel on the whole hotel and hire employees that isn’t so ignorant and rude. We feel It was so bad that corporate should be getting a phone call from us.

(WARNING DON’T STAY HERE!!!!)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anthonybb2018
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend while on a birthday beach trip with my family, I got a crib for my 7 month old and he slept good in it. Would stay here again, only thing Was that they charged for parking per night we ended up paying 22$ just for that two days, and breakfast there was way overpriced, ended up going somewhere else to eat. Walmart is a few minutes away which was very convenient.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed two nights with my family and had a very enjoyable stay. Thank you Jocelyn for your help and the great service. The housekeeping do an excellent job and the public areas are well maintained. Definitely will stay here if im in the area again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2017

A recent kitchen renovation had our water off and us needing a place to stay for the night. This facility is right up the street from us so we have never had the need till now to stay there. We are very glad we chose this Holiday Inn! From the ease of check-in to the quiet, clean room we could find no complaint! We were very fortunate to somehow snag a suite. The décor was a wonderfully done Asian theme. The beds were super comfortable with a fridge in the room. Easy access to the 110 freeway and about a half hour from LAX depending on traffic.

Room Tip: ask for room 801
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple