All reviews golf course across the street great location would stay here again allow dogs lake tahoe cabin
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We came to Mother Nature's Inn on the last stop of our trip out west from the East Coast. We were so excited to be in lake Tahoe. The room was dark, hot, and dusty but we were not worried about spending any time inside. We had over $500 of wine from a private collection that we purchased in Napa stored our room. The room was locked the entire time and the only people with a key were hotel staff. We came back to our room one day and noticed our box of wine was missing. When we asked the front desk for help they were extremely rude and unhelpful, blaming us for our missing wine. They offered no condolences or assistance and continued to treat us poorly. This is the first bad review that I have ever written but the hotel front desk practically challenged me to review them poorly. This whole situation could have been handled with more grace and respect and it would have just been a disappointing loss rather than an an example of how poorly a business can be run and how disrespectful people can be.

I would NEVER recommend staying here on top of the theft as the conditions were poor, at best.

Date of stay: August 2017
4  Thank Alexandra M
MNItahoe, Owner at Mother Nature's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2018

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience at Mother Nature's Inn. As of November 2018 we are now under new management. We are a local couple dedicated to making the inn great again. With renovations and updates being made daily, we are tying to bring the Inn back to life. Of course we believe guest privacy and security are paramount. We now have 24 hour exterior surveillance. We have also restructured the way guest check in and no longer use Cabin Fever as our "Front Desk". I can assure you nothing like this will ever happen under our watch. I would love to offer you a stay on us to make up for the poor way your were treated by the previous business owners. Feel free to call or email us directly so we can make this right.

-Frank & Sarah
Mother Nature's Inn
(530) 581-4278
mothernaturesinn.com

Reviewed 8 January 2017

We had a wonderful time here for the New Year's weekend. It is close to everything and so reasonably priced! Our dog had a fantastic time too! Jackie, the 65 lb lab, was welcomed everywhere we went! She enjoyed the Lake's trails and the dog park behind the hotel. We cannot wait to come back! (It is true that the walls are not soundproof so if you are sensitive to sound bring ear plugs).

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2016

We stay at this place 2 to 3 times per year. They are located in the heart of Tahoe City and the lake is across the street. It is quiet and the rooms are cute, clean and comfortable and not over priced. They allow pets and staff are attentive and friendly. What more could anyone ask for???? Love this place.

Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank terral f
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Nothing really bad to say...if you are looking for a 'white towel' experience, this is not the place for you. I would never stay here if I didn't have a dog with me. My room had a heavy dog urine odor - I bought a Yankee candle and that fixed that problem lol...bring slippers lol. You cannot beat the location! The best restaurants, convenience store, bars and lake trails are literally 300' from your room...a dog park too! Makes those early morning and late night 'peepee' trips a breeze. The staff and housekeeping is wonderful. Quiet...not geared towards families, so if you have young kids, I wouldn't recommend, as there is nothing to do, and they really 'encourage' no noise. I was here 4 days and didn't see anyone under 45 lol. I had a very nice stay...if you are traveling with a well behaved pet, you will love it.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank 593genaya
Reviewed 25 January 2016

Clean. Friendly staff. Two levels, Backs up to a golf course. This stone-fronted, pitch-roofed 1945 hotel is across the road from Lake Tahoe's Commons Beach.
The rustic rooms all have lodge-style decor like log furniture and patchwork quilts or plaid blankets and feature nature and animal-themed furnishings. They all come with WiFi, cable TV, ceiling fans, mini-fridges and coffeemakers.
There's an on-site gift shop. We've stayed here several times before. Visitor's Center across the street. Walking distance to wonderful restaurants and shopping. Walking paths, benches, Marina near by.

Date of stay: October 2015