All reviews march lane living area suite hotel pull out sofa basketball court full kitchen queen bed waffles c unit room was spacious and clean numerous restaurants fitness room included breakfast cereal tennis microwave keys
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Comfortable. Good beds. Nice bathrooms. Suite hotel. If you are lucky, you will check in with MELANIE HAROLD. She is an excellent first impression and highly impressive person. From there, look for CLAUDIA in housekeeping. Great staff. Nice evening reception. Highly recommended

Room tip: The have a good array of rooms. Ask for what suits you.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
iharness, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear JimA,
Thank you so much for the great review! I am glad to hear that all was comfortable and our team was able to impress you. I will make sure to share your feedback with the entire team. We look forward to seeing you again on your return to the area.

Isadora Harness

Reviewed 27 May 2018

The room and lobby are clean. This hotel was 12-14 years old, but the room, lobby, carpet and bathroom were clean and in perfect condition. It is definitely renovated. We had a suite with queen size bed, where microwave, utensils and kitchen were available. Refrigerator is a full size. Friendly service personnel. This hotel is better than most of the Marriott hotels I stayed. Breakfast gives you lots of choices to eat in the morning. There is also a sofa bed in the living room, although we do not need it. 4 persons or 2 couples can stay in the same room. There is a swimming pool, but we did not use it.

Room tip: I like the highest floor if possible.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
iharness, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Joseph T,
Thank you so much for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Isadora H.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Stayed here for a youth hockey tournament. We parked our truck behind the property and the next morning it sounded like a dragster. Some Stockton thug had gone under our truck and stolen the catalytic converter. $3500 and a week later, we had the truck back.. I asked the front desk staff if they had security cameras over the parking lot and they do not. They also do not have a security guard monitoring the parking lot overnight. So my recommendation if you stay here is do NOT park in the back of the property. Park as close to the office as possible, preferably under a light. (We think it was a white Escalade as it looked like they may have followed us from the nearby Starbucks)

Otherwise the room was ok. Relatively clean and comfortable. However, our room was not made up the final day. Upon leaving for the day, we called and let the housekeeping staff know that we were out so they could make up the room. We returned several hours later and there were new towels on the table but the room had not been made up. We called again and were given new shampoo - but again no offer to make up the room. At that point, we gave up on the idea and made up the room ourselves. Not sure what happened there..

We booked this hotel because it looked to be in the safe(ish) part of Stockton. One night we ate a Spaghetti Factory down the street and there was a bullet hole in the window. Based on that and the catalytic converter theft, I don't think the area is very safe..

Overall, service folks were nice and the room was fair but I can't recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Get a room overlooking your vehicle! And park in front!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Melanie H, Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Tumble777,

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us from the problems you faced with your vehicle to your room not being serviced. We understand you were staying with us for a youth hockey tournament and to have a part taken from your truck must have been very frustrating. We will share your feedback with our housekeeping department to ensure this is an isolated issue. Again, we are so sorry that your stay with us was not an exceptional one. We hope to have another opportunity in the future to provide you with excellent service. Thank you, Melanie.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here on business for 4 nights. I am a loyal Marriott person, but my business partner, who is not, was upgraded to a 2 bed, 2 bath suite without asking. On the second day, I opened my dishwasher and a cockroach ran out. Luckily, my business partner let me stay in the second bedroom of her place for the rest of the stay. I discreetly told the manager what had happened, but I don't think anything was done. I was so disappointed in this property. The breakfast was OK. Most of the time, the sausage and eggs were dry. The location is good, however. It's close to good restaurants.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Melanie H, Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear ArmyNurse2,

We are so sorry to hear your stay with us was not an exceptional one. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We will share your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure these are isolated issues. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

One of my favorites as a constant traveler ... can’t loose. Nice staff, quiet , consistently reliable. Do not book it , as I hate it when it’s nor available. Rooms very nice and cleaned well each day.

Trip type: Travelled on business
iharness, General Manager at Residence Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear P_Emfinger,
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate that you choose to stay with us when you come to Stockton. If you need assistance with future reservations please feel free to contact me.
Isadora Harness