“Eclectic”

Ranked #13 of 79 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We chose to dine here based on a friend’s suggestion and we were not disappointed. The menu was somewhat limited and not what you would call traditional but each of our selections (there were four of us) were quite tasty. The restaurant is tiny and isn’t designed for a long and leisurely meal. More like a quick bite while you check your email.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

This is the third time my sister and I have visited Solana Beach and had breakfast at Lockwood Table Cafe. It is nestled in a little shopping court, and is not visible from the street, so make the effort to find it. Lockwood Cafe is always good and I want to recommend it to visitors and locals alike. For breakfast we got a Brioche French Toast and a Local Roll with bacon and split it. Coffee is very good. The meal was delicious and satisfying. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the warm sun at about 10:30 am. Service is good. There was jazz music playing that was not too loud - thank you! It is fun to browse in the little shops in the courtyard after breakfast.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

I have been to this lovely cafe twice, and both times my friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We always order the Avocado Toast and it is delicious, fresh and the bread taste very healthy. Our salad was also fresh and delicious. If you are in Solana Beach and looking for a great little spot to eat, you should check this place out. Do know the parking lot is very tight so you are better to park on the street and walk in if you can find a spot. But there are so many wonderful places to walk to and shop in the area that I'm sure that will not be a problem. Especially make a stop at the Olive Oil place in the same strip as their body butter is to die for.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Looking around for a place to have breakfast in Solana Beach, someone I asked on the street suggested Lockwood Table Cafe, and I couldn't have been have happier that he did. Lockwood Table Cafe is a small cafe with outdoor seating just off Cedros Ave near the Belly Up. I had a cheese and bacon souffle with delicious yogurt, a wonderful muffin, and very fresh strawberries. The souffle came with toast and potatoes. I'm not exaggerating when I say it melted in my mouth....all of it. The food preparation, service, setting, and reasonable prices all make me want to go back as often as possible. This is one of those small gems you find on vacation and never forget.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

My wife and I went to Lockwood Table Cafe on our son's recommendation. He's been there with friends multiple times, and told us to try the Walnut Butter plate and one of the Baked Egg Sandwiches (thus the title of this review).

Well, I loved our food. Not knowing whether the combination of WB and BES was enough for the two of us, we ordered a soufflé. Our breakfast started with a small complementary muffin. We got our decaf, and then came the walnut butter. Wow, that is a rich butter. We smothered the butter on the toast, add the strawberries and poured a bit of honey on it. They give you four halves of toast, and that's pretty much all you need. Delicious, and filling.

The baked egg sandwich was great too. Bread, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and the BAKED EGG. Wonderfully assembled. It was a nice sized sandwich. In retrospect, if the two of us had shared the walnut butter and the egg sandwich, probably would have been enough.

The soufflé was fine, and unique (not a lot of places serves soufflés, and I think Lockwood only serves them on the weekends) but we thought the WB and the BES were just spectacular.

The restaurant had a bit of a wait on Sunday morning, but still manageable. We waited about 20 min. There are plenty of stores close by to browse in the Cedros district. Lots of unique items in many of those stores. We definitely would consider going back for this unique taste.