“Beautiful”
Ocean side of cottage with outdoor fireplace Ocean view from livingroom window
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Ocean side of cottage with outdoor fireplace
Ocean view from livingroom window
Front Entry with Flag
Dining and Living Rooms
Living Room and View
Outside Cottage
Living room
Front entry walkway
Master Bedroom
Kitchen
Second bedroom with queen, twin and TV
Third Bedroom and video game TV
Third bedroom with queen & double futons
Second bedroom
Kitchenette off of third bedroom
One and Half Bath
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Brandi J
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 3 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

My family and I had a wonderful time at the healing house. Couple things we would recommend is updating the beds/mattresses. While the house had all of our needs and wants the beds were less desirable. Was really hoping to have a outside fire to sit by but no firewood:( the fire wood that was out side was not under a cover. The house did not advertise firewood to use.... it just would of been nice but did not take away from all the other great stuff!!! The little store did not carry any wood to buy and we didn't want to run into town. Great job on the air hockey game... played that all week!!!! My son is the undefeated champion! Thank you for sharing your home.

kortney-c...
Colorado
“Lots of Space and Close to the Beach and Redwoods”
Reviewed 7 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

I want to start out by saying that I loved staying at this house. I would highly recommend it to someone and I would stay there again. Our trip included myself, my wife, and my grandma.

Some things we really liked: The beds were okay to sleep on. There were two living rooms so if my wife and I wanted to stay up late and my grandma wanted to sleep we did not keep her up. There is a very nice outdoor fireplace if you don't want to go down to the beach to have a fire. The outdoor shower is hot and wonderful! The flowers/plants around the house are beautiful and smell great! We did not use the tree house but it looks awesome for kids! Having a grill and full kitchen was great because we didn't have to eat out every meal. As promised the beach is close and we spent every night there. The Redwoods were also close. We went to the Trees of Mystery which was about an hour away but worth it! It was a beautiful drive and the trees were so unique and fun! Not to mention there is a sky ride! The Redwoods just a few miles away are also pretty! The owner came down to the beach after we had been there a couple nights and asked us how everything was, brought us firewood to add to our fire, and told us where some local hidden viewpoints were. The house has chairs and stuff to play with on the beach.

Some things people should know: there is no wifi here. We ran out of data roaming by our second day and had little to no service at the house. I think you would be fine if you had AT&T, Verizon or US Cellular but if you have anything else do not count on it. My wife had to go into Brookings and sit at the McDonalds to do homework. To get to the beach it is not just a flat stroll. It is downhill and there are quite a few stairs. For many people this may not be a big deal but if you are traveling with anyone with a physical disability or someone who is older and may have trouble with the climb I think you should know that the stairs are the only way to get down to the beach. This is a mostly private beach where the house is but it does share with the surrounding area and there is an area at the end of the beach which you can park and camp. It was a busy camping weekend but not many other people otherwise. Also, it is a very dog-friendly, off leash beach. If you are uncomfortable with dogs this may not be the beach for you. My feeling about the wifi and the stairs are really just things I think people should be aware of. I think it is nice to unplug sometimes but that is me. It was mostly inconvenient because of the homework situation.

I hope you consider this place to stay at. We only had three people but there was so much room and I think 10 people is doable here. I hope this helped! Enjoy it!

Travelling group: Other
Koopaloop
Etna, California
“A lovely home and yard.”
Reviewed 16 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Had a nice stay. The house was clean and the ocean was close. The yard was beautiful, couldn't ask for a better time.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
mary m
“Family vacation”
Reviewed 4 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

The cottage made our vacation complete. This year we decided to take a trip to the redwoods and do it a little different. So a vacation rental was an option instead of a motel room. Thanks Cindy for the opportunity to use your rental cottage it was roomy, cozy, and close to the beach. We spent one whole day relaxing in the cottage and walking the beach. What an experience. We are hoping to come back next year and stay longer.

Liked best: The whole experience
Liked least: the steps to the beach
Travelling group: Other

Liked best: Beach access
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
15 Feb 2015
We are so pleased you enjoyed the cottage. It always makes us happy to know someone enjoyed it as much as we do. Please do come back and when you book next time, mention your prior stay for a 10% discount.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing